• Thread starter MrFifa
  • Start date
  • Views 1,045
MrFifa

MrFifa

Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
EA have released their fourth quarter and full year earnings ending March 31st 2012 and it’s no surprise that FIFA was at the heart of an incredibly successful set of results with Ultimate Team netting $108 million alone in digital sales.
Ultimate Teams weighty contribution was part of a strong EA digital sales portfolio which has brought in $1.2 billion over the last year, up an impressive 47%. Overall EA’s revenue jumped to $4.143 billon and net income climbed from a loss of $276 million to a profit of $76 million.
“FIFA 12 established the best year in franchise history – with downloads and micro-transactions totaling $108 million*. FIFA Ultimate Team — a pure digital companion to recent FIFA titles was the second best-selling EA offering in the UK in fiscal 12.”
So a quite incredible performance from FIFA and especially Ultimate Team. The press release also mentions strong FIFA Street performance although no hard figures were provided.
Thoughts?

Source:http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-ultimate-team-nets-ea-108-million/

TheFrenchMan

TheFrenchMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
spent about 20-40$ on UT12 which i think now to be stupid as fifa 13 will just come and we have to start over

ZackSeddon

ZackSeddon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest i know that is A LOT of money for FUT. But they do make money off 6k accounts etc, but imagine if they were completely abolished? I'd say the total will be trebled.

Chop

Chop

Somewhere
Experienced Veteran Grammar Nazi 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
they get around $1.2 billion and still they can't beat the good old games like FIFA 06, they must be spending it on fancy new games which actually are crap! (Battlefield)

Zacho17

Zacho17

GOW 3 > GOW J
Forum Addict Experienced Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
they get around $1.2 billion and still they can't beat the good old games like FIFA 06, they must be spending it on fancy new games which actually are crap! (Battlefield)

Nah, Fifa 09 was the best :wink:

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
spent about 20-40$ on UT12 which i think now to be stupid as fifa 13 will just come and we have to start over
I spent over 600 gbp from jan-april .gave the game away on april the second,(before I became really addicted) stupid amount of money to spend on the game .There should be a option to not allow yourself to buy packs..

thej693

thej693

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've spent so much money on this game, it's actually kind of sad. I've been playing it since FIFA 11 and I've never got one GREAT player that went for 100k or over.

I must have spent about £300

Top Bottom
Login
Register