What's new

Solved e80 error

W

WESK1

Reaction score
I got an e80 error after updating xbox360 to new dashboard(not the current one)i think, i opened my xbox360 to check for r6t3 resistor and its missing, i got this xbox from a friend so idk if he tried to jtag it but i doubt it, i can't solder the resistor back if i were to find one because the points are bad(sorry no pic) i jtag my xbox its a xenon, read the nand, has bad blocks and ecc errors on nand,fix it with nandhealer using an original donor nand(hopefully this is right thing to do) i used jtag tool to install xell and got a e79 now(am i missing some steps?) is there any fix for this xbox? can i retrieve the cpu key still?? what does the nand contain?
thanks

TeaRz

TeaRz

Getting There
Reaction score
Yeah i think the E80 xbox is f***ed, removing R6T3 is to prevent updates on JTAGs so it will not brick the console, you would just flash your NAND back and it would work. Now since its a retail that is not possible. Your E79 xenon JTAG's problem is the donor NAND, you can not use donor NANDs without having the CPU key. If you still have the original, write it back to the console. Then read it again. If it still has bad blocks you need to remap the blocks. There is a great program called NAND Flasher 360 v1.1.0 which can remap those bad blocks easily or you will have to use the old manual method using NANDPro.

W

WESK1

Reaction score
Yeah i think the E80 xbox is f***ed, removing R6T3 is to prevent updates on JTAGs so it will not brick the console, you would just flash your NAND back and it would work. Now since its a retail that is not possible. Your E79 xenon JTAG's problem is the donor NAND, you can not use donor NANDs without having the CPU key. If you still have the original, write it back to the console. Then read it again. If it still has bad blocks you need to remap the blocks. There is a great program called NAND Flasher 360 v1.1.0 which can remap those bad blocks easily or you will have to use the old manual method using NANDPro.

yea i order a usb nand reader last night, i only have the homemade lpt, so i wrote the original one back with bad blocks and ecc errors fix(might be the original one still but idk bcuz i used nandhealer to repair it using donor nand), gave it a try and now my xbox wont turn on, i got two errors while writing, error:202 programming block 263 and error:202 Programming block 3DF.
do u know what these errors mean??
if i buy a cpu key can i save these xbox?
do i need the nand dump that matches the cpu key?
does the nand dump contain the cpu key?
why the kv is different when i compare it?

W

WESK1

Reaction score
i was able to fix error e79 and install xell and get my cpu key, now my problem is that i have no kv or config file because it has a bad kv and it might not have a kv flashed because i repaired my original nand with a donor and flashed it back and flashed xell, what options do i have now??

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
i was able to fix error e79 and install xell and get my cpu key, now my problem is that i have no kv or config file because it has a bad kv and it might not have a kv flashed because i repaired my original nand with a donor and flashed it back and flashed xell, what options do i have now??

As long as you have the CPU key, you can follow my tutorial inside the Xbox 360 Donor NANDs (pinned in this section) and that will build you an original. Then you just build a freeboot image using that as your original, and tada, there ya go.

W

WESK1

Reaction score
As long as you have the CPU key, you can follow my tutorial inside the Xbox 360 Donor NANDs (pinned in this section) and that will build you an original. Then you just build a freeboot image using that as your original, and tada, there ya go.

do i need my original kv file?