Solved E74 1022 error

• Thread starter darkcrash
  • Start date
  • Views 1,860
darkcrash

darkcrash

I are hax
Reaction score
Hey so yeah my zephyr (retail) xbox died on me yesterday and today I performed the xclamp fix. I fixed my brother's xenon with this method and jtagged it so I know I did it right. What happened though is after leaving the heatsink off of the gpu causing overheat, placing the heatsink back on, turned it on, and it worked but with messed up graphics. I turned it off then back on and was greeted by the annoying E74. I checked the secondary error code and it came up as 1022 again.

Someone please provide me with insight on how to fully fix this because I don't know what to do other than the heatgun reflow which I am unable to do at the moment.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this xbox was purchased on the release day of Halo 3. Everything has been fine until yesterday afternoon.

darkcrash

darkcrash

I are hax
Reaction score
Dude, send it to Icy-Tank.. Dude is legit. He will fix it in a jiffy.

I would but I'm more interested in doing it myself. I'd like to know what to do and how to do it because at this point it's either get a new 360 and say f**k it or just try to fix it using advice from people here. Thanks for your input though! :smile:

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Seeing as you will be unable to fix this yourself, as it will require a reflow (which is properly done with $400+ equipment) you are best to send it to [member=icy-tank]. His shop is in my signature.

darkcrash

darkcrash

I are hax
Reaction score
Pretty much your only options are to reflow, reball, or both.

Yeah I figured... Oh well. What are the odds of having a new 360 without a liteon drive in it? Or one with the liteon 8____ v1 drive that can be flashed simply by sata plugin? I flashed my friends liteon that way.

Luminate

Luminate

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I figured... Oh well. What are the odds of having a new 360 without a liteon drive in it? Or one with the liteon 8____ v1 drive that can be flashed simply by sata plugin? I flashed my friends liteon that way.
I think most of the Xbox's have BenQ's in them now.

darkcrash

darkcrash

I are hax
Reaction score
I think most of the Xbox's have BenQ's in them now.

Just like my current broken one. :smile: Should be a piece of cake then. I really hope you're right. If it is a liteon that requires hardware mod then I won't be happy. Well I will be right back to this thread in a bit I'm going to eat dinner. If there is anyone else out there with something to say, please do! Thanks again. :smile:

EDIT: I am back. No other people posted yet. I will be f5 ing this thread often to keep updated. Thanks once more to those who have posted!

D

darkraider69

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi There,

I had this error with one of my xboxes....this is what I did to fix this problem was follow this tut

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f142/xbox-360-elite-error-74-how-do-i-fix-it-374016.html

Cheers

Icy-Tank

Icy-Tank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly...all that you did by overheating it without the heatsinks on was waste a little bit of your time...and possibly internally damaged the GPU...but hey...everyones gotta start off somewhere :smile:

If you are absolutely 110% dead set on not getting it repaired by someone who has the proper equipment and know how.....then....

PM ME

I will see if I cannot resurrect my 13th century xbox 360 repair book and concoct you an "At Home Do-It-Yourself 101"

Icy-Tank

Icy-Tank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback icy........it did work for me........I guess it was a coincidence

Hey, glad that it worked for you. Not to say that it will NEVER work, but it's just not a very good fix for people to try. Glad that yours did work and hope that it continues to work, but statistically from what I've seen during my repair time, it's not going to last very long...but again, maybe we can hope that I am wrong on that one! :smile: