E74 1022 error code!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by snipes040, Jul 20, 2009 with 11 replies and 2,599 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snipes040

snipes040 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok so I have the new jasper model that has the new pipe technology. I turned on my xbox tonight and to my delight there was 1 red light flashing. It was the red light on the right side. I read up on it and the causes are the hana chip. I am not doing the x-clamp fix because I tried it on another xbox and it didnt' work. is there any other way to fix it? also would it be good to invest in some whisper fans or the attached fans from MS??

thanks

2. Hi Im Jesus x

Hi Im Jesus x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    microsoft covers it for 3 years.

3. OP
    snipes040

snipes040 Newbie

Ratings:
    really... ok well that's a bit better but I am assuming that I will not get a Jasper model back and second I have my 360 modded. I really don't want to send it into MS as they are incompitent ****s. I sent in my other xbox 360 that had 3 rrod and the one they sent me back got the 3 rrod within two weeks!!!

4. InsaneKiller911

InsaneKiller911 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure that you will get a Jasper back since your power supply isn't compatible with the falcon or zephyr models

5. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    actually, microsoft standard refurbished is the opus board. I don't know the power specs on that though, but it will probably work.

Also, just make sure the box has the warranty sticker on it. They will NOT send a new one back unless it has that sticker.

6. Hi Im Jesus x

Hi Im Jesus x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i did the towel trick 20 days strait you can try the penny trick

7. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Towel trick is about the dumbest thing to do. Penny fix doesn't last permanently.

8. OP
    snipes040

snipes040 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok so I am getting my xbox fixed.... is there anything else I can do to keep my 360 cool, like getting one of the external clip on fans or installing the whisper fans?

9. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Whisper fan, core cooler. There are many mods you can buy that go inside the 360 to keep it running cooler. check out this site. consolesource.com

10. OP
    snipes040

snipes040 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok so I have been poking around.. would what be the best to get... the whisper max fan or the core cooling fans.. or should I just get both..?

11. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    With both you get get better results. If you get just one i say get the core cooler.

12. OP
    snipes040

snipes040 Newbie

Ratings:
    alright well I decided to go and get both... so I am getting my E74 error fixed( the gpu reflowed and what not) if I install these fans and such what are the chances that I will get another overheating problem? will I get the E74 error again? or worse will I get 3 RROD?

thanks