• Thread starter Komoroczy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,182
K

Komoroczy

Reaction score
Sin$
I have the following problem folks:

I have an MS25 drive which was flashed back in 2006. it has been fine until I try to play F1 2011.

When I insert the disk it needs to update to play. After this I get the E66 error and 1 red led (bottom right).

When I switch the console back on I can play my previous backups.

As I did not flash the drive originally I don not have the original firmware. With Jungleflasher I have the key from the fw that was on the drive.

Do I need to flsh the drive back to stock? where do I get this from? how do I know which is right?

After flashing back to stock can i run the update and then flash back to something newer???

sorry for all the questions but I really want all the latest discs to work.

Thanks for any help in advance....

CAPiiX

CAPiiX

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I found this on llamma
E66: DVD Drive Error: DVD model, or version does not match that of the version expected by the dashboard. OR the firmware version on the drive is older then the firmware version expected by the dashboard. Make sure the DVD drive is of the same version originally included with the console and that it is using either the original firmware included with the console or newer.

K

Komoroczy

Reaction score
Sin$
yes the drive is flashed (details in original post)

I have tried several different firmwares (extreme 50a) is what it was flashed to originally back in 2006 but I don't have the ORIGINAL stock firmware (I believe I need this)

like I said I can read the key but what do I need to do to play latest games like F1 etc???

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
yes the drive is flashed (details in original post)

I have tried several different firmwares (extreme 50a) is what it was flashed to originally back in 2006 but I don't have the ORIGINAL stock firmware (I believe I need this)

like I said I can read the key but what do I need to do to play latest games like F1 etc???
F1 2011 is on the XGD3 format. Your FW won`t read that. You can`t play it until new FW is released.

K

Komoroczy

Reaction score
Sin$
no its not retail (burnt to normal DL disc)

my current flash is LT1.9

am I correct in assuming that I need to flash back to orig stock with drive key, update console, reflash back to latest fw????

is that a bingo????

Top Bottom
Login
Register