What's new

Dying Light question

Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What is the best way to make a weapon close to unbreakable? I have this awesome katana but I am on my last repair for it

SYN1ST3R

SYN1ST3R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All weapons (except rifles/pistols) will break. What I do is just duplicate the weapon several times, leaving 1 item untouched so that you can use that as the weapon to duplicate from. When you run low on that weapon make more. I'm sure at some point the duplication glitches will be patched out so take advantage while you can.

BaM BooZeLLed

BaM BooZeLLed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you make a ton of dupes of the required material to build your weapon of choice.

Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you make a ton of dupes of the required material to build your weapon of choice.
I can see how that might help but if the weapon in question has good mods on it wouldn't it be better to dupe the weapon after its modded?

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I can see how that might help but if the weapon in question has good mods on it wouldn't it be better to dupe the weapon after its modded?
Like SYN1ST3R SYN1ST3R said, the best thing to do is get yourself a fresh copy of the weapon w/ all mods/ blueprint on it then dupe an extra to literally just store in your inventory for whenever the other sword is about to break. Once one of the swords break grab that extra one you have with no durability loss yet and dupe that again and rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Reaction score
Sin$
Like SYN1ST3R SYN1ST3R said, the best thing to do is get yourself a fresh copy of the weapon w/ all mods/ blueprint on it then dupe an extra to literally just store in your inventory for whenever the other sword is about to break. Once one of the swords break grab that extra one you have with now durability loss yet and dupe that again and rinse and repeat.
Alright I shall have to do that

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What is the best way to make a weapon close to unbreakable? I have this awesome katana but I am on my last repair for it
In edition to duping, if you move up your skill tree there's one perk you can get where when you repair an item, it does not take away one of your repair numbers, so the weapon tends to last much longer.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
What Atlas Atlas is talking about is the "lucky repair" skill in the survivor tree. Every now and then it won't use up a repair when repairing a weapon.
In edition to duping, if you move up your skill tree there's one perk you can get where when you repair an item, it does not take away one of your repair numbers, so the weapon tends to last much longer.

Durva

Durva

Professional Scrub
Reaction score
Sin$
I have that perk actually but I have fallen in love with this katana lol. Sadly it is half way through its last repair but I have the mods and the base weapon to remake it. So I will have to look at the dupe glitch and see if I can get it to work. I am on the x1 by the way

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I have that perk actually but I have fallen in love with this katana lol. Sadly it is half way through its last repair but I have the mods and the base weapon to remake it. So I will have to look at the dupe glitch and see if I can get it to work. I am on the x1 by the way
If you need another one just message me on xbox and/or check out the weapon shop that we run.

Top Bottom
Login
Register