What's new

Solved DVD Drive Won't Read Discs

x Davee

x Davee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox sucks at reading disks. I bought a CD cleaner and a lens cleaner. Used both. Xbox made a noise that sounded like it was like burning the CD with a laser or something I don't even know.

WATDO

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
My xbox sucks at reading disks. I bought a CD cleaner and a lens cleaner. Used both. Xbox made a noise that sounded like it was like burning the CD with a laser or something I don't even know.

WATDO
first off choose a different topic name (stated in the rules/expectations). and it may very well be the laser lens i there one get a new laser lens or a whole new dvd drive. keep in mine if under warenty send it in.

x Davee

x Davee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i there one get a new laser lens or a whole new dvd drive. keep in mine if under warenty send it in.

L2 grammar?

The disc was completely dry, right?
EDIT: 500th post, f*** yeah :biggrin:
yeah. its probably just another way Microsoft makes money. Since I bought an arcade a while back. They probably rig them to break so you have to buy a new one haha.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah just takes forever to load 'em. Sometimes I open/close the disc tray like 10 times then it reads. Then dashs me.
Contact Microsoft that it is in operable and you need to get it fixed.
^^ This, ring them up and say it has RROD or E74, they will take it in, and replace the drive too :wink:

Hovi

Hovi

Aaron is forever my *****
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
^^ This, ring them up and say it has RROD or E74, they will take it in, and replace the drive too :wink:
Do what Tim said. Half the time they dont check to see if the console is rrod. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't fix it and send it back:.

If they don't fix it, then it will cost you a big hunk of chang to fix

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Do what Tim said. Half the time they dont check to see if the console is rrod. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't fix it and send it back:.

If they don't fix it, then it will cost you a big hunk of chang to fix
Ive send back a pile, they`ve always sent it back fixed :wink:
They never check to see if it RROD of not.

-Leo-

-Leo-

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
just because it sounds bad doesn't mean it is bad. just let the CD cleaner do it's thing and when it's done if it is worse then before go tell the place you bought it and get money back.

ftcskater

ftcskater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

WATDO
You can also get the laser simply replaced. You'd be surprised how many laser replacements I do. I offer that service and all lasers are in stock. You can check out my shop on my signature. Good Luck!

Top Bottom
Login
Register