What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question DVD drive swap - known good drive with dvd key

M

mcfire

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I'm trying to get trinity console repaired. Already successfully has been RGH3. Now only problem is that the dvd was replaced and thinkered about. I have a knowned good dvd from Corona console with the DVD key. JRunner is connected and tried to patch key vault with working rgh3 nand and the key fir the new drive, but still shows 'play dvd'...
Is there anything I'm missing? Please help.

BlagHack

BlagHack

Reaction score
Sin$
You need the dvd key and NOT the kv. Put your nand and cpu key in jrunner and you will see dvd key.

M

mcfire

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks. I have the DVD key, I'm tring to use 'patch key vault' function. I change the DVD key in there with new key i want to use and make sure it shows the right model (original was lite-on DG-16D4S and I'm replacing it with DG-16D5S). After that jrunner shows updflash.bin has been updated. After writing nand updflash.bin to the console the new dvd drive still don't work .
Maybe I'm missing something from the process?

N

Niclas H

Reaction score
Sin$
you need the dvd key and Keybin and CRbin ..LTU2fw and then an LTU2 pcb and all the work are done in jungleflasher with the dvd pcb
judt look for LTU2pcb replacement at google and you find what you are looking for

M

mcfire

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Niclas, i was hoping for something that can be done in JRunner with the Nand. I don't intend to buy all the stuff I need for jungleflasher, so probably will be left not working.

you need the dvd key and Keybin and CRbin ..LTU2fw and then an LTU2 pcb and all the work are done in jungleflasher with the dvd pcb
judt look for LTU2pcb replacement at google and you find what you are looking for

N

Niclas H

Reaction score
Sin$
You could try to just swap the dvdpcb from the org not working dvd to the new so hopefully you got an working drive for your org games

M

mcfire

Reaction score
Sin$
Swapping is a good suggestion and I did it successfully on another console. The problem here is that, the console came to me with with wrong drive, so no working pcb can be extracted.

Top Bottom
Login
Register