• Start date
  • Views 389
Snake

Snake

Content Team
Video Connoisseur CotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
My dvd drive is messing up, and I don't know how to fix it. It keeps ****ing up my games (even when its laying perfectly still) and when ever I try to play Fallout it can't load the xex from the disc. From time to time I will get the one red ring in the upper left corner, but I think that's just because my HDD is loose, because whenever I tighten it back up the console runs just fine (with the dvd drive being the only exception).

Anyone? Help?

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My dvd drive is messing up, and I don't know how to fix it. It keeps ****ing up my games (even when its laying perfectly still) and when ever I try to play Fallout it can't load the xex from the disc. From time to time I will get the one red ring in the upper left corner, but I think that's just because my HDD is loose, because whenever I tighten it back up the console runs just fine (with the dvd drive being the only exception).

Anyone? Help?
I will first recommend you sort the hard drive, as its only a matter of time before it shorts.
Regarding the DVD drive, i'd say that either the laser is dirty/dying and/or the drive motor is at fault.

Snake

Snake

Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
I will first recommend you sort the hard drive, as its only a matter of time before it shorts.
Regarding the DVD drive, i'd say that either the laser is dirty/dying and/or the drive motor is at fault.
I think it might be the laser. The xbox randomly freezes too, so that's related to the hard drive?

The Governator

jakegloryblink

Get To The Choppa!
Reaction score
Sin$
For the dvd drive there are little plastic pieces you can buy and put them in the drive to make it stop putting that scratch ring on your disks. Or you can replace the dvd drive which is extremely easy. If you need help replacing let me know. I can tell u how or if u know how I have extra drives I can ship ya one. I. Used to fix them so I have alot of spare parts

Snake

Snake

Content Team
Reaction score
Sin$
For the dvd drive there are little plastic pieces you can buy and put them in the drive to make it stop putting that scratch ring on your disks. Or you can replace the dvd drive which is extremely easy. If you need help replacing let me know. I can tell u how or if u know how I have extra drives I can ship ya one. I. Used to fix them so I have alot of spare parts
Sure thing, thank you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register