What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved DVD Drive Problem

• Thread starter Corn That Lefty
  • Start date
  • Views 315
Corn That Lefty

Corn That Lefty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As I said in the title, I have a problem with my Xbox's DVD drive.
But, it's a hardware problem.

When I was opening my Xbox to hotswap WAW, I snapped that little black piece of plastic.
The one that is connected to the magnet that holds the disc down.
Now, if you know what that is, PLEASE tell me what it's called.

Thanks.

T

Twugger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm starting to look around online, but honestly you don't need it to be 100% perfect... If its snapped in half, its a problem, but if its a small piece you can just put it back and it will be fine. You can actually find these pieces in any DVD drive, so look around your house for an old computer and open up the DVD drive.

N

Nickelodeon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm starting to look around online, but honestly you don't need it to be 100% perfect... If its snapped in half, its a problem, but if its a small piece you can just put it back and it will be fine. You can actually find these pieces in any DVD drive, so look around your house for an old computer and open up the DVD drive.

Nope he will not be fine.
Even when there's a little chip missing will cause it to spin in an unbalanced way.
This could result in a damaged drive aswell as heavily scratched discs.

T

TheFixer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As I said in the title, I have a problem with my Xbox's DVD drive.
But, it's a hardware problem.

When I was opening my Xbox to hotswap WAW, I snapped that little black piece of plastic.
The one that is connected to the magnet that holds the disc down.
Now, if you know what that is, PLEASE tell me what it's called.

Thanks.

Take apart a dead drive and use that to replace it. I think I have some hanging around...

Corn That Lefty

Corn That Lefty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Opened up an Xbox original, no prevail; not the right shape.

Actually, on my old 360, the plastic thing chipped, and it works fine. (Well, horizontally at least)
No scratches, no malfunctions.

Top Bottom
Login
Register