DVD Drive Dissapearing

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by Scare Croe, Dec 8, 2008 with 4 replies and 99 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Every 10 minutes or so, My DVD Drive Just stops working and I have to reboot for it to work again (for 10 more minutes). By "Stops Working" I mean, my laptop doesnt even Recognize it anymore, the Tray wont open and the Activity light Dosnt light up. after I reboot it works fine for about ten minutes but then it just Randomly stops working. Any Idea on how to fix this?

I am on a Toshiba Satelite A-135-S2426
    Running Windows Vista Home Basic.
    dont know what kind of Drive or how to tell you what kind of drive it is. if it is possible could someone maybe link me to the Correct Driver for my DVD + ReWritable Drive? thanks in advance.

~Scare Croe

2. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [Click here to view the link]

go to start menu. go to run. type in regedit and hit enter.
    Maximize the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, it will most likely already be open.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11*CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

youll need to find that ^^
    so, go to the folder labeled:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    click on the arrow to the left of the folder, so the sub folders can drop down.
    scroll down and click the arrow next to the system folder, the sub folder of
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. then find current control set under the system folder, click the arrow on it, then find control, click the arrow. then find class and hit the arrow next to it. then find this folder under class: {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. double click on that file. to the right in the body of the window, and delete the upper and lowerfilter files in there. then restart your computer.

Fix CD Missing

Xp

Vista:

Once complete, please restart

3. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:

He left out the most important part; backing up your registry before you make these changes.

File > Export > Save

4. OP
    Scare Croe

Scare Croe Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I did that, but it didnt help :frown:
    It is random as hell. it just isnt there sometimes, and I cant even open the tray.

5. MyS!ze

MyS!ze Enthusiast

Ratings:
    sorry bout that.
    cant believe i forgot to say that.
    i was in a hurry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.