Dumping nand...could not detect a flash controller

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Z89, Feb 5, 2010 with 8 replies and 3,966 views.

1. Z89

Z89 Xbox Modification/Repair Master

Ratings:
    does this mean i need to resolder because i cannot find anything else wrong with it

It tests LPT address:0378 then 0278 then 03BC then pops up that error in the CMD prompt

2. Choochoo

Choochoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1: Make sure your xbox is never turned on, you have to read/write nand with xbox turned off,but power cord plugged in

2: Make sure you do not plug the LPT port all the way in, mess around with how far you put the cord in.

3: If doing the first 2 steps does not work, check solder points, then retry.

3. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Your cable is probably too long. Or you need usb.

4. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    I'm so happy I have successfully flashed XBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Z89

Ratings:
    my cables are ~16 inches ive tried it w/ resistores on and of with cat5 cable as well as 18-gauge wire and i get the same error

anyone have any other suggestions?:cursing:

could it be because i do not have my ground wires connected....what do i ground them to and where do i solder them...sorry for the noob question :/

6. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You only need one ground..the diagrams give 2 options to solder to, but there are a lot of places you can use.

7. OP
    Z89

Ratings:
    okay so i have 2 ground wires...one from the computer and one from the xbox both soldered onto different copper rings on the motherboard...now im sure me soldering is good...do i need to have my HDD or dvd drive in there while trying to dumping nand because i still get the same error

8. Andrew74

Andrew74 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm getting the same error and I'm 100% sure everything is fine. I triple checked everything under a microscope and multi metered everything. Theres no shorts or loss solder. I blew the whole thing out with a compressor before I tired. I get an error on every block. I've looked every where and no one knows anything about this. Any help?

9. OP
    Z89

Ratings:
    y would u bump my nooby 5 month old thread -.-, if ur getting like error 250 on every block u probably dont have a ground wire - if ur also getting the wrong flash config u dont have a ground wire