[Dummies] How to create boosting lobbies online

Discussion in 'Gears of War Boosting & Matches' started by Senex, Jan 23, 2012 with 68 replies and 26,402 views.

Did you find this tutorial helpful?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. No, I couldn't understand it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I didn't want to read it.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. No, I simply dislike it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St0n3dw0n

St0n3dw0n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay, i figured it out. The problem was inside of my router. Here is what i did for anyone having the same issues i was. I enabled UPNP, forwarded all xbox live ports to my computers ip address and set my xbox's ip behind a DMZ. Thanks for the help anyway Awsome... i appreciate the effort. Any chance i could get that license key?? :biggrin:

2. OP
    Senex

Senex ✅ Obsession Engaged

Ratings:
    Send me a PM and I'll reply my serial to you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. St0n3dw0n

St0n3dw0n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay now i'm having another issue... i have xbox's ip added in trusted zone as well as all of my party members, not only am i unable to get into a bot lobby (unless i use a udp flooder) but i am also unable to stop people from joining who arent in my trusted zone with my internet zone on high. ive even slid the trusted zone to high and i don't even get any lag.

4. OP
    Senex

Ratings:
    Did you read the stuff marked in red on the O.T.? There are some cases where you are asked whether you want to put your networks in the "Trusted" zone or in the "Internet" zone. If you put it in the "Trusted" zone, you will experience what you are experiencing right now. Are you online on Xbox LIVE right now? If you are, send a party invite to "Aws0m3 Sk1lls" if you want me to help you out with voice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. technoobie

technoobie Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I use to have this issue a lot. What I did is I would turn my router off for about a minute and turn it back on, and it would fix on its own. Then one day I wasn't changing to open so I called the company that made the router and the tech supporter guy had me down load and update for my router. Long story short. Maybe your router needs to be update. I can't help with that because i don't know the make of your router. Mine is a link sys router so I know how to update those but anything else, i dont know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. St0n3dw0n

St0n3dw0n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I wish i could like this thread 1000 times. Thanks for all the help Awesome Skills!! Everything is running smoothly.

7. OP
    Senex

Ratings:
    I'm glad everything worked for you, have fun creating bot matches or whatever! :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  8. PoPuLiKePoPKoRN

PoPuLiKePoPKoRN Newbie

Ratings:
    so i use a laptop with windows 7 and i did this exactly. everything works up to...
    when im in a lobby and i set my zone to high it has no affect... anyreason why?
    also i deleted my fenix rising still nothing

9. OP
    Senex

Ratings:
    Did you read the stuff highlighted in red on the original post? Stuff highlighted in red could be very usefull. I'll just repeat, the reason why nothing is happening is because you added your network to the "Trusted" zone, and not to the "Internet" zone, and therfore you won't be able to lagg yourself out and create a bot match. To fix this, do the following:
    1. Open up the ZoneAlarm Pro window;
    2. Click on "Firewall" and then on "Zones";
    3. Under the colomn "Entry Type" look for all entries with "Network";
    4. Right-click those entries, and click on "Edit";
    5. Open the drop-down box next to "Zone", and put it in "Internet";
    6. Save & close, and then you should be able to lagg yourself out (A.K.A. creating a bot match).

• Like Like x 1
  10. PoPuLiKePoPKoRN

PoPuLiKePoPKoRN Newbie

Ratings:
    i did everthing to a tee like it says to they are in the internet zone still no affect

11. OP
    Senex

Ratings:
    Please PM me with details about your setup, e.g. how you made your networking bridge and what you used.

12. technoobie

technoobie Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Do exactly what awesome said. I will work.

13. St0n3dw0n

St0n3dw0n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've run into this problem a few times even after successfully getting everything to work... usually when i remove my bridge. what i do to fix it is completely uninstall zone alarm and reinstall it with my network bridge running and plugged in and my xbox on. let the computer reboot and zone alarm with start up and find your connections, put them in the internet zone and works like a charm again. sometimes when connecting to live after reinstalling and rebooting it brings up another network... i put it in the internet zone as well an all is good. hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Templar

Templar Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hopefully this Works and ill be able to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. St0n3dw0n

St0n3dw0n Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i'm thinking somebody in this thread should setup some KOTH boosting lobbies with me :biggrin:

16. lrish Mafia

lrish Mafia Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea this works but when people join my game, when i try to lag out it brings me back to main screen saying host was lost. what do i do?

17. OP
    Senex

Ratings:
    This may happen ocassionally, just try it again and it should work sometime. Some people are having this issue more then others, but if you just keep trying, it might work out just fine for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PuDgE345

PuDgE345 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sorry for digging, but is it possible to host a match by yourself where nobody can join? My only guess is to do some bandwidth throttling/traffic shaping as well as zone alarm on my network so I can still connect to live but it'll be too poor for anyone to join? I'm not exactly sure. I want to mainly do this for the Golden Hunter/Miner but I don't want to spend all that time and barely get any XP.

19. OP
    Senex

Ratings:
    This is called a bot match, yes you can do that. Refer to the O.T. for details.

20. PuDgE345

PuDgE345 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know I've been doing it here and there for the past few weeks but I want to do it where it's impossible for anyone to join. I've successfully hosted but people still keep joining and I hate going back to my computer and switching between medium and high all the time. I would like to set it once and then nobody joins at all...that's where throttling my bandwidth comes in so I barely have enough speed to connect to live but too poor to host for anyone else.