• Thread starter B P
  • Start date
  • Views 1,433
B P

B P

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Does anyone know of people getting banned running Dual NANDs? I'm thinking about grabbing the DemoN chip and Cool Runner, any help is appreciated.

-DoC-

-DoC-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope won't be safe if you don't know the fundamentals behind it. :smile:

I use 2 different internal drives, one for the retail and one for the RGH end. If you have XBL content while on your RGH and you flip over to the retail Nand M$ could find out what you have on your internal - ban.
Also UNPLUG any external USB when you run on the retail nand. Again, when you are on Live M$ could scan what's on the external USB.

Paranoid? No. Just playing it safe. Been doing it that way since the Demon first came out and still no problems. Why take the chance of banning your $300 console?

Also, NEVER play a game before it's officially released...it will likely flag your system and who knows what's stored on the flash.

B P

B P

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I use 2 different internal drives, one for the retail and one for the RGH end. If you have XBL content while on your RGH and you flip over to the retail Nand M$ could find out what you have on your internal - ban.
Also UNPLUG any external USB when you run on the retail nand. Again, when you are on Live M$ could scan what's on the external USB.

Paranoid? No. Just playing it safe. Been doing it that way since the Demon first came out and still no problems. Why take the chance of banning your $300 console?

Also, NEVER play a game before it's officially released...it will likely flag your system and who knows what's stored on the flash.
Thanks for all the info. RGH isn't possible on up to date 360 correct? Does the dual NAND change this at all?

-DoC-

-DoC-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Correct, as of right now unless you have your CPU key you can not RGH the console. The dual nand has nothing to do with that as they are separate nands. So the retail nand acts like a regular console and when you change nand it will switch over to the RGH nand.

DArK x1337HaX

DArK x1337HaX

4D 79 20 4E 61 6D 65 20 49 73 20 44 61 6E
Stickied Programmer Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Thanks for all the info. RGH isn't possible on up to date 360 correct? Does the dual NAND change this at all?

Not true. I have had a triple nand for over 7 months now..... Not banned. Think of it as 3 different Xboxes. You will be fine just be careful with playing flashed games.

-DoC-

-DoC-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe I misunderstood but if he is on the most recent dash and doesn't have his CPU key then a dual nand RGH will not help him at this point.

And if you are using the same internal drive for all 3 nands you are flirting with disaster. Why take the chance when M$ can easily scan your internal drive?

Top Bottom
Login
Register