Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by Calamity, Jan 6, 2009 with 8 replies and 246 views.

1. Calamity

Calamity Script Kitty Retired

Ratings:
    Have both 19inch LG LCD Monitors, just wondering what software is BEST for extending the task bar and also changing the wallpapers (seperate wallpapers).

Oh as well, I was wandering if it was possible to play games on both of the monitors (both 19 inch of course and 1440x900 res).

2. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Best program for customizing them is Ultramon.

And no you cant play a game on both monitors at the same time. however you can with 3 monitors. i dont think they let you with 2 because your character/gun would be split in half

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Calamity

Ratings:
    Is there another program that just EXTENDS the taskbar? As in the start menu on the left monitor, and the task bar just goes to the other side, and the notification is on the right monitor (instead of having another task bar).

4. GooBacks

GooBacks Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Ultramon blows balls, I feel it's very buggy.
    For dual wallpapers I use DisplayFusion Pro, and I know that If you have an NVIDIA card you can use the NVIDIA Control Panel to set it up as one large horizontal desktop that will spread your taskbar out.
    Hope I helped :biggrin:

5. OP
    Calamity

Ratings:
    **** I remember that setting, I have a GTX 280 with the most updated drives, and I can't find it in the Control Panel.

[Click here to view the link]

Found that on Google, but mine is really different and has like no options, and yes I've tried Advanced.

6. Abolfazl

Abolfazl Contributor

Ratings:
    Get Ultramon. I use it all the time.
    Use premium or me for full

7. default

default Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ultramon ftw
    EPIC program

8. deathspark

deathspark Newbie

Ratings:
    Ultramon.
    Be sure to get the 64 bit version if you are running a 64 bit OS.
    If you can't find it, drop me a PM :wink:

9. OP
    Calamity

Ratings:
    I have it..I just was looking for something else instead to just act as my PC is one large horizontal monitor, but I'll settle with this I'm getting use to it(I just don't like this extra taskbar over here, and the notification bar on my left screen)..