• Start date
  • Views 224
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AltoSaxBLABLA

Lurking Member ⊙▂⊙
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to have two different audio sources playing through two different audio devices.

I have a pair of speakers that connect via 3.5mm, and a logitech wireless usb headset.

I want to have spotify(downloaded application) playing through my speakers, and chrome/everything else playing through my headset. Is this possible?

N

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is possible to have two different audio sources playing through two different audio devices.

I have a pair of speakers that connect via 3.5mm, and a logitech wireless usb headset.

I want to have spotify(downloaded application) playing through my speakers, and chrome/everything else playing through my headset. Is this possible?

Yes you can. Depending on your motherboard or sound card you can often configure seperate playback devices to play something other than what goes through your regular speakers.

Right click the speaker icon near the clock on the start menu. Select playback devices. This list will tell you the different outputs you can set up. Here you can change the defaults. What I would recommend is leaving the defaults alone and checking to see if you get to change the playback device in whatever program you want to use a different playback device. So if you have a particular game you want to do this with I would start by trying to pick a different playback device in the game options.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2393819/music-speakers-game-audio-headphones.html

see if spotify has a setting where you can change the audio out put. if not mess with the playback devices

A

AltoSaxBLABLA

Lurking Member ⊙▂⊙
Reaction score
see if spotify has a setting where you can change the audio out put. if not mess with the playback devices
I did check, spotify does not have such a setting. I messed around with the playback devices, I enabled both devices as default devices, I got it to where I could play the same audio out of both devices, but I cannot figure out how to play spotify just out of the speakers.

N

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Reaction score
I did check, spotify does not have such a setting. I messed around with the playback devices, I enabled both devices as default devices, I got it to where I could play the same audio out of both devices, but I cannot figure out how to play spotify just out of the speakers.

give this a watch. he is using spotify to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom