What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved dropped LPT connector on xbox motherboard!

• Thread starter d4nny801
  • Start date
  • Views 575
D

d4nny801

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, i recently just got my xbox JTAG'ed was great i had a e79 error and took me a while to find out the problem. but i come through and got it to work.... But then i picked it up after booting it up and dropped the LPT connector onto the motherboard! now when i plug it in and try turning it on the power brick light goes red and it does not boot. turn the plug off and on power brick light goes orange as usual until i try to turn on the xbox, then goes red again. what have i done?! im really gutted after how long it took me to JTAG the thing! any help would be great! i hope this can be fixed with a solder iron and a trip to maplins :frown:

D

d4nny801

Reaction score
Sin$
here is my motherboard, the area circled is where the LPT connector comer into contact with the board. the purple circle with the coil around it is where the connector touched i think....hope this is useful

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab334/d4nny801/bostmotherboard.jpg

B

BHetrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If the brick is going straight to red then you shorted out the board. You need to find the blown component and replace it.

D

d4nny801

Reaction score
Sin$
If the brick is going straight to red then you shorted out the board. You need to find the blown component and replace it.

are you sure what component/s might have shorted?
i was told maybe the two mosfets in the area i circled
what do you think? good possibility? if so how can i test them?

D

d4nny801

Reaction score
Sin$
i have "acquired" another xenon board off a friend i will maybe try removing the two mosfets of mine in the morning and replacing them with the ones of the other one. i will post the results tomorrow hopefully if all goes well. :blink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register