Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
There really isn't a section anymore for a review like this, but I feel that everyone should know about dropbox. The convenience of this program, along with is features made me want to share it with everyone. I will review the following aspects of the program in depth: features, convenience, and storage space.

Overall - 5/5

Features - 5/5
I give dropbox a 5/5 for features as it is a pionneer in the field of cloud storage and continues to be the best solution. It has very nice integration into the computer, creating a seperate folder that automatically syncs the files into the cloud. Whenever you install dropbox into a new computer, it will automatically download all the files in your account to the new computer, and automatically sync new files added to the cloud. It has a mobile platform as well for smartphones. Sharing featuers allow you to easily share the uploaded file(s) to others through a link or email. This makes it very easy to send an important file to multiple people. The web interface allows you to login and download files anywhere you are

Convenience - 5/5
Definitely the best thing about dropbox is its convenience. With smartphone applications, automatic syncing, and a web interface, you can get your files as long as there is an internet connection. If you left an assignment at home, you can easily access it online and print it at a library, or email it to your teacher from your phone. There's no telling when you might need to access your files, so dropbox becomes the ultimate flash drive.

Storage - 3/5
Only negative comment is about the size of the storage. If you're just backing up documents, the 2GB is more than enough. If you attend a college, you can get even more (I'm currently at 11GB). There's a few other ways to get more storage, but for free, you won't get more than 30GB. This is a pro and a con, because for free, I can't really complain. I wish it was more, but hey, I can live with 11GB of cloud storage for documents.

I recommend everyone tries dropbox at some point or another. It's a really awesome progarm and you can tailor it to your computer usage as needed. I use mine for homework backup and other important files, but maybe you have another use for it.

Click here to sign up and download dropbox!

Revshots

Revshots

Nothing to see here!
Reaction score
Sin$
I find dropbox to be pretty useful, I put my school notes and music on it so I can access it on my desktop, laptop, or phone.

InfectHead

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
You just want us to sign up under your referral, don't you? :tongue: Good review. I don't have a need for Dropbox, although when I start attending Uni in 2 years I can definitely see myself using it.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You just want us to sign up under your referral, don't you? :tongue: Good review. I don't have a need for Dropbox, although when I start attending Uni in 2 years I can definitely see myself using it.
It was a review that I fully intended to write for sharing purposes. But the referral is a nice way to say "thanks" for writing the review :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register