• Thread starter Dukes 1800
  • Start date
  • Views 741
Dukes 1800

Dukes 1800

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So today I was going to Walgreens. When I got there I parked my car, sent a text then went in the store, leaving my Droid 2 Global (D2G) in my cup holder. When I got out of the store (~5mins) I attempted to read the text message I received. I pressed the sleep button and only the menu buttons lit up. I didn't know what was happening and I figured it was just a glitch or something so I did a battery pull. I tried to reboot the phone, and only the menu keys lit up. I kept doing battery pulls and tried a wide variety of things. I finally called VZW and they said they need to replace it but they would need to have me ship my phone to them to make sure there's no physical damage and then they would send me a replacement. And that they will be doing ground shipping. There's no way I can go a week without my phone. What do I do? I'm going to the VZW store tomorrow and going to try to demand that they replace my phone with a Droid X

Welfare

W E L F A R E

Divine Android Omniscience
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It's usually overnight shipping. And usually you get a new phone in the mail and then you send yours back in the box to them.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So today I was going to Walgreens. When I got there I parked my car, sent a text then went in the store, leaving my Droid 2 Global (D2G) in my cup holder. When I got out of the store (~5mins) I attempted to read the text message I received. I pressed the sleep button and only the menu buttons lit up. I didn't know what was happening and I figured it was just a glitch or something so I did a battery pull. I tried to reboot the phone, and only the menu keys lit up. I kept doing battery pulls and tried a wide variety of things. I finally called VZW and they said they need to replace it but they would need to have me ship my phone to them to make sure there's no physical damage and then they would send me a replacement. And that they will be doing ground shipping. There's no way I can go a week without my phone. What do I do? I'm going to the VZW store tomorrow and going to try to demand that they replace my phone with a Droid X
well first off thats your fault for leaving your phone outside in your car(which was probably hot/humid) so imo you shouldnt be "demanding" for a new phone
first you have to check if your phones warranty has been voided by pulling off the battery cover and seeing if the white/red circle is there, if its just red than your warranty is voided and you will be charged by VZW full retail price for your phone(which i dont think you want)

you should probably call your insurance and report your phone stolen so you can get a new one

Dukes 1800

Dukes 1800

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well first off thats your fault for leaving your phone outside in your car(which was probably hot/humid) so imo you shouldnt be "demanding" for a new phone
first you have to check if your phones warranty has been voided by pulling off the battery cover and seeing if the white/red circle is there, if its just red than your warranty is voided and you will be charged by VZW full retail price for your phone(which i dont think you want)

you should probably call your insurance and report your phone stolen so you can get a new one
It was at night and about 60 degrees. There was no reason that should have happened. I went into the store and convinced the manager to wave the overnight shipping charge so I will have a new phone tomorrow. Problem solved

UhQ

UhQ

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The cause is a separation in the lighting part of the screen.. Happened to my friends phone once.. The droid 2 is a keyboard phone so you should've been able to get the screen portion replaced there for a small fee. Shipping may take time from motorola

Top Bottom
Login
Register