• Thread starter xQwerty
  • Start date
  • Views 521
X

xQwerty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I sold parts of my RROD Xbox on eBay and the guy I sold my DVD drive sent me this.

"I would like to inform you that the drive you sold me arrived without
a drive belt assembly, thus making the drive less than useless. I
don't appreciate this not being disclosed before I purchased this
item, as I have no use for this now. I would appreciate any
assistance you can provide to rectify the situation."

I have no idea what this means please help me.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
on ebay, did you sell the drive "as-is"? If so, then you can reply to him that the DVD drive was sold as-is and thus you do not offer any warranty what-so-ever. However if you advertised it as a working replacement, there's really no other choice.
As for your original question, the drive belt is used to open/close the dvd drive tray.
The following picture is an example:
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-8336782827841_2012_744443

X

xQwerty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm... I didn't say it was as-is but also I didn't say it was working. I just said in the description that you had to flash the drive before putting it in your Xbox, and that it was from an RROD Xbox with secondary code 0102.

I got the drive from my friend he gave it to me to try and fix and when it didn't work he told me to just sell the parts. I'm wondering if he pressed the eject button really fast so it broke the drive belt. And that's why pressing the eject button makes your Xbox go RROD. I still have the motherboard, fan, heatsinks, and case so I'm wondering if I get an RF module and replacement DVD drive if it would work again.

I

ii D34TH ii

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure if this helps you any as I'm sure you're aware already, but just incase, you can purchase the drive belt and the gears to fit the drive, though the guy would need to know how to install it. I know a few people who sell the assembly, PM me if you need one.

X

xQwerty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay well I'm going to give the guy a refund. So I can get a new drive belt. Someone on Xbox Scene said to get one from here studiosoundelectronics.com. I have to measure the belt unless somebody knows what size the belt for an MS25 is. And I guess I'll buy a pair of Heatsinks and an RF Module. I think I'll come out about even because I sold the RF Module for $12 w/ shipping and the heatsinks for $9 w/ shipping.

Top Bottom
Login
Register