What's new

Discussion Dreadnaught Key Locations (spoilers?)

• Thread starter Destxned
  • Start date
  • Views 1,809
Destxned

Destxned

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone finds any key to the 8 chests post the location or how you got it here and we will keep it updated.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I did find a chest that take like 30 x as long to open then any other chest and you actually take damage while opening it. The only way I have been able to do it is by using the warlocks radiance ability before going out for extra armor and even then I hardly got it.

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Got the scent chest no problem with my hunter. The thralls didn't even touch me. Must be just random luck.

Incorporated

Incorporated

#GayPride
Chatty Kathy CotM Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I did find a chest that take like 30 x as long to open then any other chest and you actually take damage while opening it. The only way I have been able to do it is by using the warlocks radiance ability before going out for extra armor and even then I hardly got it.
I was thinking a titan can throw down his bubble with blessing of light and it might work for everyone who aren't warlocks.

GARY58

GARY58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got Cabal key and Wormsinger spore (or whatever it called). Both just dropped from random enemies (cabal and wizard). I found at least 2 places, where you can use same key
I successfully completed only one with cabal, it was just patrol missions with limited time (1st part - kill enemies, 2nd part - explore area, final part - kill vip). VIP dropped another key, which used to open door with chest. Reward was another fragment, rune and some engrams with glimmer, I believe. Nothing spectacular
When I used wormsinger spore (near spawn point). It says "hive investigating patrol incoming...". I just failed to find them fast enough...
offtop: gunsmith is new troll. acolyte on skywatch dropped little triangle, which turned out legendary fusion rifle! BUT it was a relic, not an actual weapon. Gunsmith took it from me and gave me like +200 rep. and... that's all...

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Not far from there is a place where taken get summoned. If you kill all of them a special item will spawn. Take it and you'll be immune to the effects of that room.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Not far from there is a place where taken get summoned. If you kill all of them a special item will spawn. Take it and you'll be immune to the effects of that room.
I can also confirm that if you have a titan bubble you can open it as well. So you don't necessarily have to get the item to avoid damage.

MrMurder420

MrMurder420

Trailer Park Boy
Reaction score
Sin$
The Scent chest is a guaranteed legendary engram.

The Scent chest can be done much more easily with a friend or even easier with two, have them stand on the floating bridges for you...

also i got the key of eir from summoning public events. didnt give me much a blue engram and mats.

aroberts

aroberts

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Damage chest can be opened by 2 easy methods on any class or character.
Bungies method: nearby is an event that when interrupted and you kill everyone, it drops a buff allowing you 1:30 to run to the chest.

My method: requires 2 people. One person walks out to grab the chest. Dies. The other is in the tunnel right beside you, walks out and revives you. You immediately hold ex the instant you can. May take a few tries, but this is how my hunters have done it.

Now as far as the other chests that require keys. By simply killing enemies, eventually they will drop a rune. Wormsingers rune for example. Put this into the strange tank like chests that are often times found In the caves. This spawns a local event where you will need to fight a boss. Kill the boss and he will drop another rune.

This rune will now be in your consumables venue. By hovering over it you will see a mission/challenge. Complete this challenge and it automatically turns into one of the keys. (Challenge is usually kill 50 enemies without dying.)

Best of luck guardians!

MrMurder420

MrMurder420

Trailer Park Boy
Reaction score
Sin$
That's false. I just got the chest and didn't get one.
Ok. you are the first of any my friends to not get, but thank you for clarifying there is a chance you may not. 
Damage chest can be opened by 2 easy methods on any class or character.
Bungies method: nearby is an event that when interrupted and you kill everyone, it drops a buff allowing you 1:30 to run to the chest.

My method: requires 2 people. One person walks out to grab the chest. Dies. The other is in the tunnel right beside you, walks out and revives you. You immediately hold ex the instant you can. May take a few tries, but this is how my hunters have done it.

Now as far as the other chests that require keys. By simply killing enemies, eventually they will drop a rune. Wormsingers rune for example. Put this into the strange tank like chests that are often times found In the caves. This spawns a local event where you will need to fight a boss. Kill the boss and he will drop another rune.

This rune will now be in your consumables venue. By hovering over it you will see a mission/challenge. Complete this challenge and it automatically turns into one of the keys. (Challenge is usually kill 50 enemies without dying.)

Best of luck guardians!

Much much much easier way.... use your super right at the object you have to scan, right before you enter that little area, pop super run up and hold square... bang. you will die but you will get rewards

Destxned

Destxned

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now I just have to find these chests... I get lose easily in the Dreadnaught... lmao.

Also, if anyone finds a video or anything on regular chest locations I'd love to know. I just want a sword already!

MrMurder420

MrMurder420

Trailer Park Boy
Reaction score
Sin$
Now I just have to find these chests... I get lose easily in the Dreadnaught... lmao.

Also, if anyone finds a video or anything on regular chest locations I'd love to know. I just want a sword already!

run around in first location going into the little room like areas and just generally all along the outskirts of map you will find chests/door ways you can enter with chests

Top Bottom
Login
Register