• Views 1,989
Status
Not open for further replies.
MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i just got a transfer cable so i've been screwin around with my HDD and i noticed this section in partition 3 and i was wondering if i could just drag and drop mp3's into here instead burning them to a disk and then ripping to my 360? I got a pic incase no one knew what i was talking about.

Xport.jpg

And in case your wondering , those songs are from the "Diamonds in the Rough" album by Avenged Sevenfold. :biggrin:

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
That probably won't work, but send me one of those files in there. I'll check it out and see if I can help you.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sure if you want some corrupted data in you 360. Your 360 should sign them when it rips and so on. I don't understand why such easy things like this are asked. No offense but you could of just tried it yourself meaning you drop them in if it works it does if not o well.

O

Oleh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont see why you cant just transfer them from your memory source to be honest

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Oleh said:
i dont see why you cant just transfer them from your memory source to be honest
Because if I am right they are held in containers. That is why you cant just drag and drop unless you can make your own containers.

Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Because if I am right they are held in containers. That is why you cant just drag and drop unless you can make your own containers.

I think hes talking about a CD or a flashdrive.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothinbeter2do said:
I think hes talking about a CD or a flashdrive.
CD are able to be ripped. idk about flashdrives never tried to do anything with it but i would say the same about it that it wont work.

H

Head Tax

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I definitely advise backing up your HDD if you are going to mess around like that. I have a spare and even that I back up.

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They are FMIM files. So you would have to first convert your music file to a WMA then edit it to so it has the FMIM header data and then you would have to edit the mindex.xmi file to reflect the music added. Here is a helpful post that explains them better The Fmim Media Format - Scenyx Entertainment Community

Personally I would just share the songs to my xbox from my computer or plug my ipod into my xbox.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
dschu012 said:
They are FMIM files. So you would have to first convert your music file to a WMA then edit it to so it has the FMIM header data and then you would have to edit the mindex.xmi file to reflect the music added. Here is a helpful post that explains them better The Fmim Media Format - Scenyx Entertainment Community

Personally I would just share the songs to my xbox from my computer or plug my ipod into my xbox.

i think i understood like half of that. lol ok so i guess ill just stick to connecting my psp to my 360. thanx though.:thumbup:

D

dschu012

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you look at the topic in the link the first part is really easy to do, however the second part would just require a bit of research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register