Drag N' Drop MP3's?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by MINICHIMP 3, Dec 28, 2008 with 10 replies and 1,732 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Well i just got a transfer cable so i've been screwin around with my HDD and i noticed this section in partition 3 and i was wondering if i could just drag and drop mp3's into here instead burning them to a disk and then ripping to my 360? I got a pic incase no one knew what i was talking about.

[​IMG]

And in case your wondering , those songs are from the "Diamonds in the Rough" album by Avenged Sevenfold. :biggrin:

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    That probably won't work, but send me one of those files in there. I'll check it out and see if I can help you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Sure if you want some corrupted data in you 360. Your 360 should sign them when it rips and so on. I don't understand why such easy things like this are asked. No offense but you could of just tried it yourself meaning you drop them in if it works it does if not o well.

4. Oleh

Oleh Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i dont see why you cant just transfer them from your memory source to be honest

• Like Like x 1
  5. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    Because if I am right they are held in containers. That is why you cant just drag and drop unless you can make your own containers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do Banned

Ratings:
    I think hes talking about a CD or a flashdrive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. EclipseModz

Ratings:
    CD are able to be ripped. idk about flashdrives never tried to do anything with it but i would say the same about it that it wont work.

8. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I definitely advise backing up your HDD if you are going to mess around like that. I have a spare and even that I back up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    They are FMIM files. So you would have to first convert your music file to a WMA then edit it to so it has the FMIM header data and then you would have to edit the mindex.xmi file to reflect the music added. Here is a helpful post that explains them better [Click here to view the link]

Personally I would just share the songs to my xbox from my computer or plug my ipod into my xbox.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    i think i understood like half of that. lol ok so i guess ill just stick to connecting my psp to my 360. thanx though.:thumbup:

11. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    If you look at the topic in the link the first part is really easy to do, however the second part would just require a bit of research.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.