Download Game to HDD and read or copy?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by joewee, Jun 19, 2009 with 6 replies and 407 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joewee

joewee Newbie

Ratings:
    Now that we can download our games to the HDD and play them
    is there anyway to read them and possibly do some fun things
    with the downloaded game from our HDD? I did this with a game
    and it seems that it puts it on the partition 0 of the HDD and
    it appears protected so that you cannot read or copy it. Any
    way around this or anyone have some ideas?

2. kciNick

kciNick Newbie

Ratings:
    Probably not, and yes it is probably protected in some way. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

3. Discography

Discography Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is there anyway to install a game to your HDD and then plug your HDD into your PC and then get teh ISO that way?

4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    It is not on partition 0, it lies on partition 3 like the rest. Look into the Content section for the appropriate game.

From what I saw, it is "protected" the exact same way as xbox originals. Being that it is split into multiple files, which looks like concatenating CON files (ie the header is in the first file, and then each file afterwards has a master hash table and resulting sub-hash tables).
    No, it only grabs certain content off your disk. It will not grab any iso-specific files (ss, dmi, pfi, video), and it does not grab executables.

5. Discography

Discography Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ahh right, thanks for the help dude, but is there anyway where i could just get my friends disk and some how get the iso that way so it saves me downloading it?

6. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Moved to correct section

7. OP
    joewee

joewee Newbie

Ratings:
    I don't see it in the Partition 3. Unless the date time stamp is different, I don't
    see anything date and time stamped on the date that I ripped it or anything nearly the size of the game. I don't know what happened, as I was in a hurry, but right after I copied it to the HDD and then tried to copy or extract partition 0 a file folder came up, something like e43.... similiar to the other folder numbers of games, it had the timestamp of when I ripped it and said it was protected or I needed permission
    or somthing like that. As I said I was in a hurry, was running late for my
    soccer game. I thought I could just do the same thing when I got back
    but I haven't been able to recreate it since.