Download Game Addons ?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by G3tM0n3y0rD13, Feb 9, 2009 with 5 replies and 401 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G3tM0n3y0rD13

G3tM0n3y0rD13 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Idk if this is right to ask on this forum and if it is not then please remove it thank you. I was just wondering if you can like download like let's say Gears of War 2 Combustible Map Pack from the computer and then transfer it through XPort or XSata just like the gamerpics ? Thanks and please let me know if this is right to ask im a noob !!

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    No.

The Marketplace files are signed in LIVE packages and most are locked to the console they were bought on (demos are an exception). You cannot share them because we will never have a LIVE signer that would allow us to remove the console lock and resign it.

3. OP
    G3tM0n3y0rD13

G3tM0n3y0rD13 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thx a lot unknown for clarifying that for me and hope one day that we can do this =]
    and i just opened xport 360 while my hard drive was connected. i found the halo 3 legendary, heroic, and cold storage maps. is there any use for these ? like for example can i take the legendary map pack and drag it to my computer and upload it to another hard drive in the same directory ? thx

4. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    No one will never be able to do that.

I don't quite understand what you mean.

You can use those maps on any hard drive you want, as long as that hard drive is connected to the console they are locked to.

5. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    or if you are signed in with the GT that originally downloaded them. :biggrin:

6. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yes, along with the console ID, the files have the profile's PUID written to them. So, I guess the 360 can use that to verify ownership also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.