Discussion Downgrading your Xbox's firmware

• Thread starter larry567
  • Start date
  • Views 3,431
L

larry567

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello guys. i found another tutorial which tells you how you can downgrade your kernel back to the first xbox kernel of 1888 then you can update to a hackable firmware. you will need an infectus chip which cost around 70-80$ or just download if you just wanna check it out

Things you will need to accomplish this are:

1) Xbox360 with Infectus chip and addon interface installed.
2) Infectus software version 0.3.6 beta 1 or higher.
3) The Degraded Tool v1.1 (Degraded.exe) in a directory on your HDD
4) The Downgrade Tool (iDGTool.exe, Infectus.dll and SiUSBXp.dll) in a same directory on your HDD
5) The 360 NAND Tool v0.88 or higher.
6) The contents of the original 2.0.1888 filesystem (unpack the file 1888.FS.rar to a directory on your hard drive, get it in “the usual places”).
7) A dump of your Xbox360 Flash obtained using the Infectus chip.

Items 2, 3 and 4 can be downloaded from the Infectus website.

Optional: Remove R6T3 resistor. Not for the average user, the resistor is small and difficult to handle, you may damage your XBox.
Blowing a new fuse is not a problem, but if you plan to upgrade several time for experiments and you wish to remove it do so with care.

VirusTotal:
Link

MediaFire Link:

Mediafire link

S

StylohyoiD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean what i think it means?

L

larry567

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean what i think it means?

im still not too sure i just saw this and it was interesting, im still trying to research i just thought people should take a look at it

S

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
this requires the xbox to still be vulnerable to something called the time attack which was patched befor the the boot loader exploit that is the jtag.( correct me if im wrong about the time attack) but its patched.

L

larry567

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes guys im sorry for making a usless thread i just found out... The infectus only works on 4552 kernels or lower.

yes guys im sorry for making a usless thread i just found out... The infectus only works on 4552 kernels or lower.

S

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it honestly that hard to read how to do certain things before posting s*** that wont work?

Top Bottom