Downgrade My Software?

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by ItsThatCanadian, Feb 4, 2010 with 7 replies and 362 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsThatCanadian

ItsThatCanadian Newbie

Ratings:
    Am I able to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2?

2. dEku

dEku Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    You can but I guess redsn0w has a 3.1.3 Jailbreak.

3. OP
    ItsThatCanadian

ItsThatCanadian Newbie

Ratings:
    Isn't working to well for me. :S

4. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i know it sucks, i did the same thing, except im waiting for some one to make a new jb program=(

5. dEku

dEku Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I'm just not gonna update my iPod. lol

I'll update when a new Jailbreak thing is for 3.1.3 for the iPod.

6. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    Depends what kind of ipod you have if you have a 3rd gen touch or an iphone 3gs a security feature called "ECID SHSH" has been put into effect were apple signs all .ipsw.
    THe only way to downgrade those two is if you set you itunes up to go threw sauriks proxy server witch will grab you signed files that apple sends you and if you ever want to go back to that firmware sauriks server has the signed files to you can.

All ECID and SHSH files are unique to each firmware on each device.

Any other iDevices do not have this. only the 3gs and the touch 3g

This means i can downgrade to 3.1 and 3.1.2. However i will NEVER beable to get to 3.0 again unless someone can find away around the signature check completely however i highly doubt it on the top of anyones list.

[​IMG]

7. Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oh, wait, you mean this firmware...
    [Click here to view the link]

just got to where it says iPhone/iTouch. Scroll down to iTouch 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen 3.0 fimrware or iPhone 3G or 3GS 3.0 Firmware, and then simply take your hand and gently click the left mouse ONCE, then click SAVE. WOW it was really hard to find though, just use google, bling, yahoo, ask, and type "iphone firmware":cursing:

8. Zarile3

Zarile3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Depending on what iTouch youy have, you may not be able too.

The iPhone Dev-Team has announced that the iPhone 2G, 3G, and iPod touch 1G can be jailbroken on OS 3.1.3 already.

Thanks to daring experimenters in the comments, we can confirm that yesterday’s redsn0w works for today’s 3.1.3 update for iPhone 2G. Just point it at the 3.1.2 iPhone 2G IPSW after doing update or restore to 3.1.3.
    Can confirm that this method works for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 1G too. Don’t do it for iPhone 3G if you need an unlock though (really, don’t!). For older iPod touch 2G, we’ll need a small (1-character) change in redsn0w source.

WARNING: Don’t go near this if you have 3GS, newer ipt2G, or any ipt3G

So basically the update is safe for those with an iPhone 2G and iPod touch 1G. Those with an iPhone 3G (who don't care about unlock) can update as well.

So essentially, you can only jailbreak at this point in time if you have the iTouch 1g. If your on something newer, you can't do it, it won't work.

Also, not sure if anyone is working on it right now, I know Geohot (Blackra1n) said he isn't working on it, since firmware 3.2 should be out around March or April. There is no use in cracking it if it's just going to lock again at 3.2 a month later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.