Double xp

• Thread starter Carll
  • Start date
  • Views 533
C

Carll

Reaction score
Sin$
What do you people reckon about this? I think it's better than the last one that we had unfortunately I think with the 500xp boost for winning a lot more people are going to play this which I thinks going to cause a little more server lag for gears :frown:

Also a sire wave on hardcore :/ Anyone think this might be a little awkward?

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Fabled Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
It will be fine. The sire wave sounds like tactical chainsaw

But the lag isn't due to Epic's servers.......It's people with Wal-mart connections bridging host to win an extra 500 EXP + the Double EXP

So if you guys bridge host you'll be fine. Otherwise Better hope you have a monster connection.

C

Carll

Reaction score
Sin$
I'd bridge but it's physically impossible for me. I've got a decent connection which is wired so I host minimal lag. Lets just hope all of my friends who play gears can join me (there's 4 of us together) that way I've got a decent chance to be host. Also about the sires, do you think bottleneck and chainsaw the stragglers would work?

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Short answer: 5 ppl, 5 chainsaws Sires don't stand a chance.

LOL if you're using lingo...I have no idea what Bottlenek and stragglers are???

C

Carll

Reaction score
Sin$
Hah well maybe its just my regional dialect. Bottlenecking is where you force enemies through a narrow passageway so they can't really get past. A good example is planting a shield at a doorway so stuff like maulers, grinders, boomers etc can't get through. Maybe this could be done with someone holding a shield on all sires? And stragglers are just ones which are by themselves =]

Also on the point of this has anyone an idea of what map to do this on? I have all of them.

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Carll said:
Hah well maybe its just my regional dialect. Bottlenecking is where you force enemies through a narrow passageway so they can't really get past. A good example is planting a shield at a doorway so stuff like maulers, grinders, boomers etc can't get through. Maybe this could be done with someone holding a shield on all sires? And stragglers are just ones which are by themselves =]

Also on the point of this has anyone an idea of what map to do this on? I have all of them.

I kind of figured out what bottlenecking was...I had no idea what stragglers are....Sounds UK'ish

Blood Drive because 1 shield can protect at spawn...and if you stay in there enemies won't spawn there.

C

Carll

Reaction score
Sin$
Good idea, day one could be decent at torque/sniper spawn. If it gets too heavy you can hop back where they can't reach you. Also I am UKish :tongue:

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That leaves you open to BoomShot though...In Blood Drive they can't shoot from anywhere but the front door.

C

Carll

Reaction score
Sin$
I was talking about sire wave, which I've found is very easy even on hardcore. 500exp is too much for 1 wave.

X

x iM 2 iLL o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I use blood drive also because the shield in the spawn room :smile:.

And i've been noticing i've been getting host MUCH more now since double XP weekend for some reason.. I don't bridge and I wasn't with a team of 5, I was playing by myself. Almost like 7 out of 10 games. o_O. I would think more people are bridging since now the +500 winning bonus is there but i guess not.

Top Bottom
Login
Register