Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Double xp Glitch

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: WaW Glitches' started by Doeboy1337, Feb 2, 2009 with 40 replies and 16,048 views.

1. Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    Double XP Gitch
    DOUBLE XP THIS WEEKEND!

Ever wondered how people shoot up the leader boards? I did too. Also how people already have 15+ days playing time. At first I thought, " Wow, no life." Which is true.

But, there is a reason that happens. What's the reason? Well a couple of weeks ago (two double xp weekends ago) my friend said that he had left his xbox on so he still had the double xp weekend on his xbox. He has lied about a lot of things and also thinks that he can "Hack accounts" so I didn't really belive him. For the next double xp weekend, I tried it. Amazingly, it worked!

So I'm now sharing this with all of you. Every time there is a double xp weekend you, leave your xbox on after midnight on sunday and guess what, You have double xp weekend on monday!

When I first posted this I didn't think much of it and I figured a lot of people knew about it. To my surprise it's gotten 1000+ views in 3 Days.

I have been accused of having a misleading title which to some, it is and I can see how. Honestly think about this. Is it suposed to happen like this? NO. Can you have double xp for a longer period of time then allowed? YES.

So if you guys still think this isn't a glitch, think about it.

Warning:

Leaving your xbox on for extensive periods of time can cause damage. Make sure to keep your xbox in a well venelated area when performing this or in general. A tip I have for this glitch, Save the game to your harddrive. It does not require any modding just 8gb of space on your harddrive. Navigate to my xbox> Game Library> Cod: Waw and then hit save to harddrive.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and I hope that you can all abuse this glitch as much as possible. (I mean this in a positve way. This is a cheating forum. It just is.)

P.S: I will attempt to notify when the next double xp weekend is as soon as I find out and relink this thread if anyone manages to forget.

Edit: 2500+ views in a little over a week. Thanks guys. Also I'm not sure who nominated it but thankyou for your support everyone and especially to the nominator.

• Like Like x 14
  2. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    That is awesome. I didn't think of that. But, you can only store the game on your hard drive if your 360 is burned and flashed right?

3. lx underoath xl

lx underoath xl Contributor

Ratings:
    I knew about this. I was trying that ending any hardcore match glitch and it made my xbox freeze! :cursing::cursing:

4. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    no there's an option to do it through the regular dash. I can't remember exactly where but Go into your game library and click on whatever game is in your drive and snoop around there a bit :wink:

5. Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    No its a new feature with the dashboard to load games onto your hard-drive. You still have to have the disk in the drive but it apparently makes it load faster and doesn't work the disk as much

6. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    yeah as soon as it loads the Security Sector the disk completely stops spinning and the laser turns off.

7. Hashy

Hashy Newbie

Ratings:
    can you turn your xbox off after it? I don't think so but just asking, cus I don't want to keep my box on for a week lol

8. evilandy0

evilandy0 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Not going to risk a meltdown =/ (literally)

9. oapy123

oapy123 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just put a fan on it and you'll be fine...i've left mine on for 48 hours straight it and didnt even stutter

10. therooke

therooke Getting There

Ratings:
    yet....

11. Jac0b

Jac0b More Dubstep

Ratings:
    so you don't get booted back to the main menu in double exp when you are away?

12. Captain_Greenbeard

Captain_Greenbeard Getting There

Ratings:
    Enjoy your RROD fail.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. lx underoath xl

lx underoath xl Contributor

Ratings:
    I must have a godly 360. I've had mine for over a year and it's seen maybe 20 nights without being powered on. I leave it on pretty much 24/7.

14. Kevin Caution

Kevin Caution Enthusiast

Ratings:
    LOL, that sucks monkey nuts! Damn if I would of known this before Dbl XP ended I would of kept my xbox on. I have one of those stands to put your Xbox on and it keeps it cool for you. I advise you eaither get one of those if you want to do that or play in a cold place. I play my Xbox in my basement so that and my stand up cooler keeps it extra cold.

15. wk21085

wk21085 Newbie

Ratings:
    I have a fan on mine that plugs into the power spot. I bought my xbox in Iraq and i've yet to have a problem with RRoD i could get a new one from my job (Best Buy) but i don't need one just yet. I hope that i never do.:biggrin: I've seen people come in 2 weeks after buying it with the RRoD i'm like damn that sucks. I've been lucky *knocks on wood*

16. Kevin Caution

Kevin Caution Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hopefully if they make a next generation Xbox like an "Xbox 720" that it won't have any flaws such as the RRoD.

17. classy blackman

classy blackman Getting There

Ratings:
    im on my second xbox and i havnt had a problem with it yet it seems the replacement xbox the sent me works better, but is also alot louder for some reason:?

18. Jac0b

Jac0b More Dubstep

Ratings:
    anybody wanna answer my question? do you not get kicked back to the main menu? How do you do this?

19. OLine57

OLine57 ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343

Ratings:
    Just don't turn off your 360, and don't go back to the dashboard once double xp starts. Once you leave the game, (not the multiplayer game you are playing, but the whole game, ie: going back to the dashboard) you can no longer get double xp once double xp ends. This is because when you start the game back up, the game downloads the most up to date playlist, which will not have double xp. By staying in the game, you are not allowing the game to get the most up to date playlist, therefore you will continue to get double xp. So to answer your question, if you quit playing, you will be kicked back to the menu of the game. As long as you don't exit the game, it will not matter. Also, this will only work as long as other people leave their 360s on and in game. If you're the only person left in the world that has not left the game and come back into it getting the new non-double xp playlist, then you will have nobody to play with. So when double xp hits again, encourage people you play with to leave their 360s on and in game, so you can get double xp longer after it ends. Also, the absolute best way to get the most double xp is to play domination. There is no time limit, so it works great. Everybody on both teams must agree to meet at the middle flag. One teams jumps in and caps it, then as soon as they cap it, they fall back and the other team jumps in and caps it. Do that for the whole round, and if you do it quick enough, you can get close to 2000xp per round. It was a lot easier in COD4 because there was the eavesdrop perk, so you could talk to the other team once the match started.

• Like Like x 3
  20. OP
    Doeboy1337

Doeboy1337 Member

Ratings:
    I thought about that a little with other people leaving there xboxs on. When I joined a room of HQ i told people to leave their xbox on from double xp and they said It's obvius you said that maybe they did it too? Either way there's no real way to fix this unless they reboot their server which is very unlikely. I'll try and post when the next double xp weekend is in cod 5 discussion just so you guys all know!