• Thread starter Snoop Dogg
  • Start date
  • Views 1,779
Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
By the time I even get close to 20 you guys will probably be top rank in Black Ops 2

Saw what you did there lmao. Do you just not play games a lot, or just different ones?

Sync

Sync

Nine Meals From Anarchy
Retired
End of the Year 2013 Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Saw what you did there lmao. Do you just not play games a lot, or just different ones?
I've only just got back into playing MW3 this week, I just find MW2 and Cod4 more enjoyable which is why I play them more often.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
I've only just got back into playing MW3 this week, I just find MW2 and Cod4 more enjoyable which is why I play them more often.

I gave up on CoD4 a while ago because all the hacked lobbies. Do you just play private matches with friends? I thought about getting again if I can find some people who still play it.

moluogunleye

moluogunleye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This makes me want to prestige, but I believe a more fun alternative is to stick with prestige 0 and try for some gold guns. I've always fancied getting a gold G36C.

moluogunleye

moluogunleye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Warning. N00b question alert. Is the double XP for guns as well?
Actually, it technically is since double XP always affects the weapon XP and challenge XP that you gain. Which is why if you unlock double XP and double weapon XP, it's actually the same as getting 4 times weapon XP. And if you unlock double XP and double weapon XP during a double XP weekend, then it's the same as getting 6 times weapon XP.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, it technically is since double XP always affects the weapon XP and challenge XP that you gain. Which is why if you unlock double XP and double weapon XP, it's actually the same as getting 4 times weapon XP. And if you unlock double XP and double weapon XP during a double XP weekend, then it's the same as getting 6 times weapon XP.

You're right and wrong. The 2xp WILL go towards any weapon challenges you get. But it WON'T go towards the weapon xp you get for a kill, shooting down air support etc.

moluogunleye

moluogunleye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You're right and wrong. The 2xp WILL go towards any weapon challenges you get. But it WON'T go towards the weapon xp you get for a kill, shooting down air support etc.
Huh, that's odd. I remember when I was going for the gold Spas-12 and I had double XP and double weapon XP activated and it felt like the time was cut by a quarter and it seemed to level up so quickly. I'm not sure if it was due to the individual weapon XP I was earning per kill or the challenges I gained (I don't remember if I earned any, but I must have, right?).

But what you are saying makes sense: it seems that the weapon XP (per kill) is only doubled when you have double weapon XP activated, not double XP. Thanks for the clarification!

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$

I'm pretty sure 2XP doesn't count towards any challenges? It's only kills and objectives?

moluogunleye

moluogunleye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure 2XP doesn't count towards any challenges? It's only kills and objectives?
Double XP does count towards the XP gained from achieving challenges, I'm sure it does. I remember earning 20000 XP for a 10000 XP challenge because I had double XP at that time.

Exotic 7s

CSO

Aaron, gets those cats out of ma thread!
Mr. Nice Guy Chatty Kathy Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Great.. JK My clan just got 4 hours of double xp And now it is double xp week Wow

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Double XP does count towards the XP gained from achieving challenges, I'm sure it does. I remember earning 20000 XP for a 10000 XP challenge because I had double XP at that time.

No I'm 100% sure that it doesn't. I don't think it ever has, challenges are always the standard amount of XP. I'm not sure if I can prove this ATM, but I'll try to as soon as possible.

moluogunleye

moluogunleye

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No I'm 100% sure that it doesn't. I don't think it ever has, challenges are always the standard amount of XP. I'm not sure if I can prove this ATM, but I'll try to as soon as possible.
I just did a Google Search and looked at a couple of pages and they all agree with you, so you're completely correct! It looks like I must have recalled incorrectly, but double XP doesn't apply to challenges indeed. I wonder why I thought it did? Anyway, thanks for the clarification! :smile:

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Cant wait I might hit 10th this week maybe even 11th

Xbox

Xbox

King of the Castle
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like I'm not leaving the house for a few days, oh no wait, It's sunny in England (for once) and I wanna make the most of it:oops::biggrin:

Mastax

Mastax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
huh well i dont want to go to 8th cause i hate the emblem and i hate 9th as well so looks like 2xp is a waste to me :tongue:

Chromo

Chromo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably a stupid question but does this include double weapon exp? I dont plan on prestiging further but wanna knock out a few more golds

Top Bottom
Login
Register