Double DVD drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by MINICHIMP 3, Jan 12, 2009 with 13 replies and 359 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    I just had a thought a few moments ago. I was wondering if it would be possible to get some kind of splitter cable so that you could have two dvd drives for your 360. One flashed for offline use and then you could switch off the flashed one and switch on the stock drive for online use. I know you would have to change the drive key or w/e its called so they are the same.

Does anyone think this is possible , or have a better idea?

2. xXxDarkkillerxXx

xXxDarkkillerxXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    no it dont matter if you play offline burned games when you sign on it sends the info to ms....i play mine online all the time no probs here

• Like Like x 1
  3. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Not exactly, if he made an offline account not connected to xbox live it wouldn't send any information.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xXxDarkkillerxXx

xXxDarkkillerxXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    You could be right, i'm not sure. But I heard this from somewhere ill try to post a link if I can find it.

6. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    dosnt matter if its gold or silver as soon as any game gets put in the dvd rom an it reads the start of the disc to see if its a back up or original.the custom fw that you put on your systems is to prevent m$ counter measures like the disc jutter.
    any system that gets flagged gets an id ban which dosnt lock you drive from xbl it bans the console id so it wouldnt matter if you use a splitter or not the console id never changes so they would have you as soon as you play your first bad stealthed game,also if the fw is below 1.4

• Like Like x 2
  7. DDave

DDave Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think what the guy means is, he has one xbox, two drives, and when he wants to play modded games he just hits a switch 2 use one drive (signs out his xbox live gamertag + d/c ethernet cable, signs into a profile with no xbox live whtso ever) then just plays modded games normally, then once he gets in the mood to play sum halo 3 online, he changes the disk drive, plugs ethernet cable in, signs into xbox live gamertag and commences to play

Sorry for the wall of text

• Like Like x 1
  8. PURPL3 H4ZE

PURPL3 H4ZE Getting There

Ratings:
    he would need to duplicate the id key to both box's for to have a chance of working but i cant see it working as some body would of been doing it along time ago :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    Thanks for the reply's. I guess i wont risk trying it since there's not a definitive answer as to whether ill be banned or not , and i really cant afford another 360 if mine gets banned.

10. DDave

DDave Enthusiast

Ratings:
    IMC, why dont u just buy a RROD xbox and fix it ?

11. OP
    MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    Because im so broke its not even funny...

I cant get a damn job to save my life, my car keeps dieing/exploding/falling apart , and every penny i have is going towards my college tuition. :.(

12. DDave

DDave Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I suggest stop paying for live flash your xbox save money :smile:

13. OP
    MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    I don't have live anymore , my account is silver now and i don't buy games anymore i get them from a friend that gives them to me after he beats them. I've also sold everything but my computer (which i doubt i would get much of anything for it its a 12 year old stock dell) , my 360 , my 20" tv , and couch.

does anyone want to donate an rrod box to the minichimp is broke foundation? lol

14. DDave

DDave Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good luck with that charity, i unfortunatly wont be donating as i give to the helpdave orginisation :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.