What's new

Discussion Don't you love M$ amazing support?

• Thread starter Speedball
  • Start date
  • Views 566
Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
To explain this a bit better, someone in my household (most likely my brother) changed our region to New Zealand i assume to get something early and it didn't work. So now everything on the market place is $20 more than it should be for me. So i tried to simply ask them to change my region back to US since this was a mistake and i got a bunch of BS...

Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for an agent to respond.
The current average wait time is 0minutes.
Thank you for your patience.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Arman'
Arman: Thank you for contacting Xbox Support. This is Arman. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi! Can you help me, my region was changed to New Zealand and i am located in the US. Can i have it changed back?
you: It is affecting the prices of things i would like to buy and saying they are much more than they normally would be
Arman: We can migrate the account within 90 days.
Arman: I need to pull up your account first. Please let me have your gamer tag or Microsoft account.
you: Within 90 days? How come it would take so long. I wanted this done now
you: The GT is "*edited"
Arman: Thanks. I understand that you would like that to be done as soon as possible, but that is the process.
Arman: I am trying to pull up your account to see if I can do something else about this but nothing is showing up using your gamer tag "Edited*".
Arman: May I have your Microsoft account?
you: What?
you: My email i used for it is *edited
Arman: Thank you.
Arman: I was able to pull up several accounts. Kindly give me a minute or two for review.
Arman: To make sure that we got the right account, I will send you a code to the email address associated with the account. Send back the code to me when you received it, please.
you: Ok
Arman: Code sent.
Arman: Have you checked your inbox?
you: Yes hold on
you: ---- edited
Arman: Perfect. Thank you, Edited*.
Arman: Edited*, I am currently reviewing your account. Please give me 2 to 3 minutes. Is that ok with you?
you: yep
Arman: Thanks. By the way, what console do you have, Xbox One or 360?
you: 360
Arman: Cool. Stay on the chat line, please.
Arman: Hello there, Edited*. Thanks for waiting.
Arman: I double checked all my resources. Edited*, I hate to say this, but we really have to wait for 90 days from when the region was migrated or changed.
Arman: I hope I didn't lose you yet. Are we still connected?
Arman: I haven't heard from you for a while now. Do you still need assistance?
you: Hi im still here
Arman: Oh, great.
you: Are you serious? There is nothing you can do?
you: It shouldn't be too hard to change the region... it should take seconds to do
you: I can't buy anything because it is like $20 more now...
Arman: The process is 90 days, but I still checked and pulled up all my resources. It just gave me the same thing. I wish we could do it that easy but we just have to follow the process.
you: As usual thanks Xbox support for wasting an hour of my day to accomplish nothing. Absolutely ridiculous how something this simple can't be changed.
you: What is it that you were "Researching" the whole time? Seems like this was just a huge waste of time and you knew that all along
Arman: We are here to assist our customers in every way possible. If this can be done right away, why not, It will be our pleasure.
you: Well guess it's back to my PC gaming experience. Where i can't get screwed over all these times like i can here. Absolutely ridiculous
Arman: It was not a research, I just double checked everything we have here because I would like to help you migrating your account back to the United States.
you: Which should not be hard to do at all. now everything on the market place is $20 more easily which is absurd
you: Why would i have to pay that much more now?
Arman: I understand that, It may be $20 but what is concerning me is you doing the hassle of waiting for 90 days.
you: 90 days is a long time to wait for something i want to buy now.
Arman: Yes, I totally agree with you.
you: I should not have to pay an additional $20 to not wait the 90 days
you: Well then what should i be doing... I want to purchase something but i'm not going to wait the 90 days or pay $20 more
Arman: If I may ask, what is that item for $20?
Arman: $20 more, rather.
you: I was attempting to purchase the Advanced Warfare Season Pass.
you: I have $75 in my account which would be more than enough but now it isn't even enough to buy it
Arman: Let me see what other things I can do for you. Please give me a minute or two.
Arman: Thanks for waiting, Edited*.
you: And?
Arman: The game that you want should be only for $49.99, but since your account was migrated to New Zealand by accident the price has additional $20, right?
you: Yep
Arman: The reason why you can not purchase that game is because of the tax.
you: No it's because it's $20 more than it should be
you: It says 49.99 on the site then when i proceed to checkout it turns into 69.99
you: You're telling me it's $20 tax now?
Arman: The game is now $69.99, right? Plus tax, and about the tax, that I am not sure.
you: The Season pass is now 69.99 plus tax
Arman: Is that the total amount showing when you try to purchase the game?
you: yes
you: As i have said above numerous times
Arman: When you say you can not buy the game, are we getting any messages why the system is not allowing you?
you: Do you have anything to say that can help me? I would like to go enjoy the rest of my night and not go over stuff i already know with you
you: No, i am not going to attempt to buy something that is $20 more than it should be
Arman: What I can do for you is to leave a note here on your account for you to have that additional $20 back if you buy that game. However, you can only have that amount back after migrating back your account to the United States.
you: No i am not going to trust this flawed system to give me my money back. This is ridiculous.
you: Thanks for the little help you supplied
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to *edited at the end of your chat.
you: Show all the people how awful my chat experience has been with "support" of this company.
Arman: I wish I could do more but please understand that we are just representative here following the process and with limited access. I appreciate your time and patience.
you: Then why can't i just speak to someone with the power to fix this? Why did i have to waste an hour with you accomplishing nothing?
Arman: You can speak to someone, you can even send email to xbox and Microsoft about the process. They will just tell you the same thing.
you: ****ing amazing system we have running here then. Good bye​

To Dah Window

To Dah Window

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This is why I don't even bother contacting them if I have a issue..don't even help at all, considering they banned two accounts of mine in the last 48 hours for the same thing apparently, I'm kind of upset with them, I'm building a PC and waiting on these two parts to arrive, and once they do, shitcanning or try to sell my two xboxes and my dusty *** ps3.

ECMxVIPER

ECMxVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had something similar happen. I bought a code from targets website to be electronically delivered, and when I went to redeem it, it had already been used. So I get on that chat, wait about 2 hours then they wont even offer a replacement code

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have to admit, I feel some empathy for people on this customer service line. Chances are that M$ does not give them proper access to what they need to tweak with and probably makes them read off of cue-cards when replying to customers. Then there's the customers that have no patience and understanding of these silly circumstances and then take it out on the reps. No doubt, there are some incompetent reps out there, but I've seen all too often that they have to deal with some crappy situations.

Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I have to admit, I feel some empathy for people on this customer service line. Chances are that M$ does not give them proper access to what they need to tweak with and probably makes them read off of cue-cards when replying to customers. Then there's the customers that have no patience and understanding of these silly circumstances and then take it out on the reps. No doubt, there are some incompetent reps out there, but I've seen all too often that they have to deal with some crappy situations.
Yes I know that there was nothing that rep could of done and that I was just being an *** at this point but I was so pissed off at m$ for all this and a few things else I didnt mention

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes I know that there was nothing that rep could of done and that I was just being an *** at this point but I was so pissed off at m$ for all this and a few things else I didnt mention
Yeah, I understand your frustration. I suppose I just have more empathy for the rep as I work in the service industry at this current time and see these situations quite often. For example, someone's steak may not taste the best to them but instead of yelling at the cook, they yell at me as if I was the one who undercooked it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register