What's new

Dont Use DNS To Bypass Cheaters Pool

vModStarsv

vModStarsv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Before I used the DNS I Had 5 Days Left. After I Used It. It Said 8Months & 8 Days !

AnonPerson

AnonPerson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You must be new to the cheater pool. Unless they did an overhaul on the server / code behind it, that time was never accurate. Log-in a few more times and watch that time change some more.

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Frame In Gold Modder Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
You must be new to the cheater pool. Unless they did an overhaul on the server / code behind it, that time was never accurate. Log-in a few more times and watch that time change some more.
Using the cheater's bypass actually DOES make your time go up once. Its a second infraction basically since you are re-introduced to the cheaters pool.

L3G3NDxULT1M4TE

L3G3NDxULT1M4TE

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
No way, you get even longer in the cheaters pool if you use dns servers?:facepalm:

AnonPerson

AnonPerson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Using the cheater's bypass actually DOES make your time go up once. Its a second infraction basically since you are re-introduced to the cheaters pool.

You are "re-introduced" to the cheaters pool every time you turn on your Xbox to play the game. Although I wouldn't be surprised if R* considered turning your Xbox off and on as a second infraction in their code, using a DNS server won't effect your time. You should have a static username (or something similar) in the file it accesses. By cutting off access to the file, and re-enabling it, it would be the same as restarting your Xbox.

So, no.

M

MrShinyPig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You are "re-introduced" to the cheaters pool every time you turn on your Xbox to play the game. Although I wouldn't be surprised if R* considered turning your Xbox off and on as a second infraction in their code, using a DNS server won't effect your time. You should have a static username (or something similar) in the file it accesses. By cutting off access to the file, and re-enabling it, it would be the same as restarting your Xbox.

So, no.
Would it not just be possible to make a iso mod that changed that username every time the console or game boots? That way you would only get a first time of 2 days for bad sports, and turning console off and on would remove it

I know this type of stuff was simple and easy in gta ic to create a random string inside a file every time it booted, should be just as easy for v, just need to bypass the file to execute it i guess?

AnonPerson

AnonPerson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would it not just be possible to make a iso mod that changed that username every time the console or game boots? That way you would only get a first time of 2 days for bad sports, and turning console off and on would remove it

I know this type of stuff was simple and easy in gta ic to create a random string inside a file every time it booted, should be just as easy for v, just need to bypass the file to execute it i guess?

Eh, I understand what you mean. I used very general statements in my reply to not go in depth. All the files that deal with bad sport, cheaters, etc, are on a server. The Xbox connects to R* servers, sending a request for the information in the files (can't remember if this is encrypted, but I think it is), and then R* sends an encrypted reply back with the information. If it is not encrypted, the Xbox / GTA 5 refuses this information and defaults to the tunables already saved on the Xbox (which makes me think ISO modding the tunables is possible to force default into a modded form of it, but I haven't experimented much). At the moment, there is no way to change this that is known to the public. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure more information will be out.

M

MrShinyPig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Eh, I understand what you mean. I used very general statements in my reply to not go in depth. All the files that deal with bad sport, cheaters, etc, are on a server. The Xbox connects to R* servers, sending a request for the information in the files (can't remember if this is encrypted, but I think it is), and then R* sends an encrypted reply back with the information. If it is not encrypted, the Xbox / GTA 5 refuses this information and defaults to the tunables already saved on the Xbox (which makes me think ISO modding the tunables is possible to force default into a modded form of it, but I haven't experimented much). At the moment, there is no way to change this that is known to the public. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure more information will be out.
Then would it not be possible to just iso mod the tunables and either find a way to bypass the server alltogether, or just host a dns with a ****ed up tunable so it uses the one on disk?

NYC

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Frame In Gold Modder Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

So, no.
You don't quite understand how it works...

When you use the DNS to get out of the cheater's pool, and then stop using the DNS and go back in the cheater's pool, it will say "You have entered the cheater's pool" and it resets your money. You are basically re-placed in the cheaters pool, which adds on to your time. Mine went from 8 months to 5 years. 
Thats why use the Charles proxy method
It's the same file and has the same outcome.

IRON BURGER

IRON BURGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

When you use the DNS to get out of the cheater's pool, and then stop using the DNS and go back in the cheater's pool, it will say "You have entered the cheater's pool" and it resets your money. You are basically re-placed in the cheaters pool, which adds on to your time. Mine went from 8 months to 5 years. 

well i had 8months yesterday now i got 4months

_Zero_

_Zero_

¯\_( ◔̯◔ )_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to check your actual time in the cheater pool:

1. Grab an scs-ticket from a request
2. Make a rewrite rule or use breakpoints to add the scs-ticket header
3. Use your browser to go to the URL of your RosGamersSettings.json
Code:
http://prod.ros.rockstargames.com/cloud/11/cloudservices/members/np/PSN-USERNAME/secure/gta5/RosGamersSettings.json
Code:
http://prod.ros.rockstargames.com/cloud/11/cloudservices/members/xbl/UNIQUE-16-DIGITS/secure/gta5/RosGamersSettings.json
4. The file should be in plain-text. Find "uCheater_End" and copy the value.
5. Convert it here
6. Know when you're out? Mine says I got out a week ago and I'm out.

Last edited:
IRON BURGER

IRON BURGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to check your actual time in the cheater pool:

1. Grab an scs-ticket from a request
2. Make a rewrite rule to add the scs-ticket header
3. Use your browser to go to the URL of your RosGamersSettings.json
- Ugh accidentally posted. I'll finish this. Grabbing the URLs for each if they're needed -
could u make like a pic tut cuz it would be eaiser

AnonPerson

AnonPerson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I haven't used the above to check the exact time, but from a programmer point of view, your Xbox files realize you haven't been in the cheater's pool, then when you are put in the cheater's pool again through unblocking their files, it re-runs the code of adding you to the cheater's pool (using your saved files) but connects you to the same file on R* server and connects you as the same user ID that R* designates to your profile. R* doesn't give you a new user ID.

_Zero_

_Zero_

¯\_( ◔̯◔ )_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$

When you do it yourself it's easier to make sure you don't (or the host doesn't) screw up their settings.

could u make like a pic tut cuz it would be eaiser

This will help. Look under "Accessing Plain-Text Files on ROS", it'll set you up so you can view RosGamersSettings.json in your browser. You'll need to send an Scs-Ticket header with the request so it'll let you in.

Top Bottom
Login
Register