• Start date
  • Views 14,962
lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
There are 2 reasons you shouldn't turn in BF3 if you don't like it or for some other reason.-

As I have seen so far, when you make an account on the game (or something like that), it is connected to the disk. If you turn the game in to be resold as used, the person buying it would have to pay to go online, which sucks, in my opinion.

You would be better off selling the game to a friend or someone you know. The other reason it would be better to do something like this is...

Companies like GameStop or Game Xchange (in my area) make their money mostly from buying old games (for dirt cheap, like $3), then reselling them for over 150% of what they bought it for.
You get almost no money from turning in a game to a place such as these. I know for at least for me, it isn't worth the gas to get there.

This is my conjecture, anyway, so feel free to comment and discuss this point. I would never turn in a game, espiacally when they charge someone else extra for it. Love Se7ensins :cool:
imgres

Cudeh

Cudeh

Prepare for Wizardry
Reaction score
Sin$
Are they made by EA? Fifa has the same thing and its so annoying. As if they weren't already making enough -.-

T

TD5X

Reaction score
Sin$
bf3 multiplayer is completely s*** anyways

look on the bright side PS3 will be doing this for not only EA games but for all titles on the ps3 no pay no play

Victory

Victory

Aaron 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
DICE have always done Season passes, So it serves them right for buying second hand, They should pay for not pre-ordering the best game ever?!?!?

J

Jwow

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
when you make an account on the game (or something like that), it is connected to the disk.
Yeah when you make an account for ea games it writes an md5 encrypted sha-264 hash salted with an aes key backwards in the rainforest so that if someone else uses that disc they'll have to go on a rainforest adventure and find the key to decrypt the pass (which isn't going to happen).

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah when you make an account for ea games it writes an md5 encrypted sha-264 hash salted with an aes key backwards in the rainforest so that if someone else uses that disc they'll have to go on a rainforest adventure and find the key to decrypt the pass (which isn't going to happen).
Pretty sure anyone can take mushrooms..

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
There are 2 reasons you shouldn't turn in BF3 if you don't like it or for some other reason.-

As I have seen so far, when you make an account on the game (or something like that), it is connected to the disk. If you turn the game in to be resold as used, the person buying it would have to pay to go online, which sucks, in my opinion.

Old news. They did it with BFBC2. No one seemed to have a problem then either.

LAMSwildcard

LAMSwildcard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

You would be better off selling the game to a friend or someone you know. The other reason it would be better to do something like this is...

Companies like GameStop or Game Xchange (in my area) make their money mostly from buying old games (for dirt cheap, like $3), then reselling them for over 150% of what they bought it for.
You get almost no money from turning in a game to a place such as these. I know for at least for me, it isn't worth the gas to get there.

This is my conjecture, anyway, so feel free to comment and discuss this point. I would never turn in a game, espiacally when they charge someone else extra for it. Love Se7ensins :cool:
imgres
Did you just learn this? Because that is how all game stores work and if you had read to forums you could tell that it was connected to your account not the disk. That is why we have a harddrive.

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
Sin$
Old news. They did it with BFBC2. No one seemed to have a problem then either.
I bought BFBC2 used and didn't have 2 pay 2 go online. So did 5 other people that I know, and they didn't either. I think this is new to BF games.

chrisb1481

chrisb1481

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought BFBC2 used and didn't have 2 pay 2 go online. So did 5 other people that I know, and they didn't either. I think this is new to BF games.

BFBC2 had a VIP pass which gave you access to all the map packs, and Dice isnt the one charging you for the online pass its EA. They have had it on their games for a while and they always give different reasons as to why they have it; Server costs, Used games market hurts them, blah blah blah. But in reality its an extra $10 of pure profit to them, and everyone just seems to go along with it.

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Reaction score
Sin$
BFBC2 had a VIP pass which gave you access to all the map packs, and Dice isnt the one charging you for the online pass its EA. They have had it on their games for a while and they always give different reasons as to why they have it; Server costs, Used games market hurts them, blah blah blah. But in reality its an extra $10 of pure profit to them, and everyone just seems to go along with it.
Ah, I see. Sounds like a smart business to me. I had forgotten about this because I got the mappacks for free. thanks for the info.

DMonty63

DMonty63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is just straight being smart, everyone should know by now it is not worth how much they give you. All BF3 does is have an online pass, that is all you have to get. It's 800 microsoft points if im not mistaken. I get free MSP so it doesn't matter to me. Every business is about money these days. End of story.

R

RiP_v2

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't really blame them... I mean they make 0 profit from traded in games. . . Gamestop and other retailers end up making about 75-150% profit from the games we trade in. The way this can be stopped is to stop buying used games.. Usually they are only 5-10 dollars cheaper anyways and Gamestop is one of the biggest crooks out there these days. They will give you $5 for a trade and then put that same game back on the shelf for $49.00... If you guys were running a business and found out that someone else is making money off all of your products while you were making nothing what would you do? All these game companies only really make money off these products the first few months.. after that Gamestop picks up the rest with the traded in used games...

Hatsune Miku

Please Spank Me

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I bought the Limited Edition used. I bought the online pass, contacted EA about the Back to Karkand DLC and they gave me a new code for free. Yeah I had to pay $10 for the online pass but who cares? They have that to cover the costs of dedicated servers, I don't mind helping out.

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly. It's only $10 for an online pass, I mean you can't be that tight. That's what annoys me about people with flashed drives, they b**** and moan about having to pay for an online pass when they get the actual game for free.

Top Bottom
Login
Register