What's new

Discussion Dont compare Bf3 to COD.....Heres why.

• Thread starter Mergingskate
  • Start date
  • Views 1,168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mergingskate

Mergingskate

ex H2mod mod
Reaction score
Sin$
First id like to say its very annoying to see people post about how dice needs to step up to to be able to compete with activision. They dont, and ill explain why. Call of Duty games are made purposely to make money. They dont actually care to give out quality so they release a new game every year. Dice doesnt have to make anything to compete in november. They allready released a quality game different than they have ever made and it will last a couple years with all the dlc.

Basically the games are completely different. When COD noobs come over to the real battlefield to play they all cry about how they die and dont get kills. Well guess what, when i play battlefield 3 i usually get 60 kills and about 10 deaths. Its not a hard game it only requires some skill due to realistic weapons and bullet drop. The game isnt even about k/d its more about score and PTFO. Call of duty is a complete fail on the mechanics part of the game in my opinion. Simply put i dont believe in games that throw bullets into your opponent simply because you shoot close to them. Battlefield requires skill of burst firing to actually win gunfights. Because 9/10 i will have higher score/kd than the COD noobs who run around lone wolf auto firing spraying bullets.

Just stop comparing the games because they are totally different and different play styles. Well why am i comparing right now when i say to stop? because people need to see theres no possible way to compare the 2. your comparing apples to oranges. Id honestly prefer if all the cod nubs just stay with that dumb game and dont play bf3 because thoes players only ruin the game due to how they are too used to the imature playstyle of cod, so they dont understand the system of how to play in battlefield.

Last too everyone who wants to flame on me for this. I used to be a huge COD player, I used to play bad company 2 but not nearly as much of COD. Once battlefield 3 came out i understood how games need "change" in them, Not just stupid multiplayer gametypes(that one always gets the kiddies). I play mostly BF3 and i find COD now is too easy and is boring. Just same old run around shoot people in the same tiny maps just different textures and layouts.

If you do not understand my point and what i am saying it would be due to your prolly 15 and imature so dont even post if you are. thanks.

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
First id like to say its very annoying to see people post about how dice needs to step up to to be able to compete with activision. They dont, and ill explain why. Call of Duty games are made purposely to make money. They dont actually care to give out quality so they release a new game every year. Dice doesnt have to make anything to compete in november. They allready released a quality game different than they have ever made and it will last a couple years with all the dlc.

Basically the games are completely different. When COD noobs come over to the real battlefield to play they all cry about how they die and dont get kills. Well guess what, when i play battlefield 3 i usually get 60 kills and about 10 deaths. Its not a hard game it only requires some skill due to realistic weapons and bullet drop. The game isnt even about k/d its more about score and PTFO. Call of duty is a complete fail on the mechanics part of the game in my opinion. Simply put i dont believe in games that throw bullets into your opponent simply because you shoot close to them. Battlefield requires skill of burst firing to actually win gunfights. Because 9/10 i will have higher score/kd than the COD noobs who run around lone wolf auto firing spraying bullets.

Just stop comparing the games because they are totally different and different play styles. Well why am i comparing right now when i say to stop? because people need to see theres no possible way to compare the 2. your comparing apples to oranges. Id honestly prefer if all the cod nubs just stay with that dumb game and dont play bf3 because thoes players only ruin the game due to how they are too used to the imature playstyle of cod, so they dont understand the system of how to play in battlefield.

Last too everyone who wants to flame on me for this. I used to be a huge COD, I used to play bad company 2 but not nearly as much of COD. Once battlefield 3 came out i understood how games need "change" in them, Not just stupid multiplayer gametypes(that one always gets the kiddies). I play mostly BF3 and i find COD now is too easy and is boring. Just same old run around shoot people in the same tiny maps just different textures and layouts.

If you do not understand my point and what i am saying it would be due to your prolly 15 and imature so dont even post if you are. thanks.
You used to be a huge fish?

w a t

wat91

Enthusiast
Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
Just stop comparing the games because they are totally different and different play styles.
They're different in every way except that they're both AAA FPS's, and that's why they're compared to each other. It's like Gears vs Halo. But obviously if you put it on paper, BF3 has a lot more content and overall playability, but that doesn't make it better. "Better" is subjective.

Pro X Hotshot

Pro X Hotshot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Last too everyone who wants to flame on me for this. I used to be a huge COD player, I used to play bad company 2 but not nearly as much of COD. Once battlefield 3 came out i understood how games need "change" in them, Not just stupid multiplayer gametypes(that one always gets the kiddies). I play mostly BF3 and i find COD now is too easy and is boring. Just same old run around shoot people in the same tiny maps just different textures and layouts.

I see where your comming from, but other than BF3 what's COD's compettition? There's none other than BF3!

Pray For Blood

LG1TxREAPER

"Can you hear the thunder that's breaking?"
Premium
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
@Mergingskate Is this really necessary? There have been hundreds of these same threads. Everyone says exactly what you did, so unless you have something new to offer, this wasn't really worth posting.

Pro X Hotshot

Pro X Hotshot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
@Mergingskate Is this really necessary? There have been hundreds of these same threads. Everyone says exactly what you did, so unless you have something new to offer, this wasn't really worth posting.

I know right...

I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing i can compare cod to is GARBAGE

Enemy RPG

Enemy RPG

# Fredrik #
Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
This is so true. Before I used to play CoD 24/7 and say that Battlefield was ****, but then I tried it at my friends house. Now im playing BF3 24/7 and think that CoD is just garbage.

Tattzy

Tattzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm 15 and i play cod but i can truly say BF3 is BETTER!!!

Dafuq

LOST-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
IDK why someone would compare two different games
If you are going to compare then compare to the last game from the series lol

Fuzz

Fuzz

☑ rekt    ☐ not rekt
Modder Stickied EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you could have said this:
CoD is an arcade shooter.
Battlefield is made to seem as real as possible.

I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's what i say. Ghost Recon Future Soldier > bf3 > hello kitty island adventure > call of doody

Mergingskate

Mergingskate

ex H2mod mod
Reaction score
Sin$
if people are gunna still make threads about call of duty being better than bf3 then yes i can post this? gtfo u crizbox

M

marvinody

Reaction score
Sin$
I remember talking to friends and telling that that black ops was much better than battlefield bc 2 ( I think that the one). I wasn't basing it on anything, I was just saying it was because, well hey, more people play it. Anyway, the BF3 beta comes out for xbox and my fps world was flipped upside down. Now, BF3 is the only game I play, and I like it that way! :cool:

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
-Jesus Christ what a rant.

If you honestly think any video game company (DICE, IW, 3Arc, Blizzard etc) isn't out purely to make money, you're a moron. That is exactly why companies market their products. Granted, some companies listen to their audiences more, their number one goal is still to make money. You say in the title that people don't need to compare BF3 and CoD, and then you do exactly that. Makes no sense to me. Neither game "takes more skill" than the other, they just focus on different things. CoD is a twitch shooter, it's purely about gunfights. BF is, and always will be, more objective based. People complain constantly about the "realism", but to be honest, I didn't buy CoD, BF, MoH or any other shooter games in the hope that I would be able to recreate what would happen if my *** got sent to Iraq, and I'm sure you didn't either. If you don't like CoD, good for you. But this post didn't change anyones minds, and it's just an invitation for flaming IMO.

Pray For Blood

LG1TxREAPER

"Can you hear the thunder that's breaking?"
Premium
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
if people are gunna still make threads about call of duty being better than bf3 then yes i can post this? gtfo u crizbox
I haven't seen any...and who the hell shoved a pole up your ***? I expressed my opinion, so if you are going to an intolerant b****, who's also probably racist and anti-homosexual, you can gtfo. Quit jumping all over people for expressing their opinion, "crizbox." Besides, you DIDN'T say anything that people didn't already know, no sense in beating a dead horse bro. By the way, your title is asking for people to stop comparing them, yet your entire rant is about comparing them. So instead of jumping down my throat about what I said, you should figure out where the hell your head is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register