Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Dogs Vs. Helecopter

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by TheHeartless, Dec 7, 2008 with 13 replies and 471 views.

1. TheHeartless

TheHeartless Getting There

Ratings:
    Just wanting to see what others thought about this. To me the dogs seems to be to strong, compaired to Cod4's Helecopter. Now don't get me wrong I like it when I do get my dogs and all, but still I'm not a huge fan of the concept now. I'll give some examples of their strengths and you'll see what I mean.
    Dogs
    1) There are lots of them that attack, and they usually come in pairs or more at you.
    2) They can be hard to knife, and if you decide to shoot at them it will give you away on the radar.
    3) You have to either climb a ladder, or get somewhere that you can't wall/run to in order to stay away from them.
    4) They are at many places on the map at once.

Helecopter
    1) If you weren't equiped to shoot it down it became a little bit of a pain.

Now I know some people will disagree with me, but for the most part I'm correct. The Helecopter wasn't able to chase you into a building, there wasn't lots of them gunning you down, you didn't have to shoot at them, and they were only at one side of the map at a time, which means you can move around without worry of being shot for the time being. I'm not saying the helecopter sucked, it just wasn't as deadly as 10 dogs chasing you down. And don't get me started on Mortar Strike Vs. Air Strike.

2. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Dogs are way worse than the helicopter... But, the copter is way better than you are describing it.

3. OP
    TheHeartless

TheHeartless Getting There

Ratings:
    I'm not saying that the copter is bad I'm just saying that it doesn't have all the benifets that the dogs do. It definatly hit you if it had the chance. Did you also notice how they made the Mortar Strike hit like 4 or 5 time vs. the Air Strike hitting only 3 and now buildings aren't that big a help against that either.

4. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Well to me, its not hard to knife 3 dogs when they are running at you at the same time. You move to the side when it jumps and knife it when it tries to bite you.

5. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Dogs annoy me more than a helicopter. At least with a helicopter you could stay inside and not get killed, but with a dog you have to wait that 60 seconds if you don't want to get killed and just sit in a corner. Copter>Dogs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Comrade

Comrade Sit Nomine Digna Retired

Ratings:
    heli is better than dogs. thats want i think of it

7. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i like dogs when i have them but there a b**** when the other team does and your running around with a bolt action rifle.

8. x352x Ownage

x352x Ownage Newbie

Ratings:
    The only thing to this, is were helicopter's around in this time era? I'm pretty sure there wasnt, but i dont think the dogs should two shot you.

9. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dogs are much better than a chopper. With a chopper you could try and shoot it or waste a perk for a rocket launcher but you'll probably end up getting killed by it at least once before you take it down. With dogs you can use any weapon to kill them and you have a fair chance to kill them.

They are also good because they work as a sort of diversion for the other team and can be used strategically. Like if you're playing CTF the guy can wait until he is about to grab your teams flag and then send the dogs, then he can run up, grab your flag and run while you're preoccupied with dogs.

Dogs> Chopper

10. Comrade

Comrade Sit Nomine Digna Retired

Ratings:
    if the dog would shoot at you the hole game will be bulls###

11. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    .. What kind of inference was that? What game makes a dog shoot?

12. classy blackman

classy blackman Getting There

Ratings:
  13. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I don't even know what to say.

14. x352x Ownage

x352x Ownage Newbie

Ratings:
    That will happen in CoD: 2030 i bet