• Views 779
Status
Not open for further replies.
Der Doktor

Der Doktor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok so as my family one by one started to pile into our car to go to the library, an idea slowly worked its way into my head. Is it possible to download/move/copy the game files of a game downloaded onto your c drive to a removable storage drive (like an 80gb maxtor or something relativly close to those lines) and then plug it in and open the game from your removalbe storage, so you could play on a library/someon elses computer?

Thanks,

Brav9000:thumbup:

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
no, unless you use YOUR steam account.

Der Doktor

Der Doktor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i know that steam can do that thing where you can download the game files on another computer for some reason, but your saying that if i have steam downloaded as well on the drive then i could play it?

S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L

/ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
yes, but you have to use your account.
You wouldn't have to use your account, just an account thats CS 1.6/CSS activated.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
what are the odds that he has more than one account.
and I thought (originally) that he was gunan try to give some1 games he didnt have.

Der Doktor

Der Doktor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
S y N I K a L said:
You wouldn't have to use your account, just an account thats CS 1.6/CSS activated.

so what your saying is that as long as i have my steam downloaded on the drive with the games i wish to play somewhere else, then i could do it? or what your saying is that as i long as i have an account with CSS or CS 1.6 then i could play it on another computer?

S

Shane Strife

Reaction score
Sin$
You don't have to use your Steam account for non-Valve games. They're found in the common folder (/Steam/steamapps/common). If you put Valve games like Half-Life or Left4Dead, they can work on someone else's account if they already bought the game. Another way of putting it, if you own Left4Dead and put the GCFs on your drive and take it to your friend's house who owns Left4Dead on their account, it will work. If your friend doesn't have Left4Dead on their account, it will bring up a dialogue asking you to buy it. If you copy your whole Steam folder, you can login to your account and play your games anywhere.

07mcollins

Reaction score
Sin$
hi, if you copy the whole of your steam folder to a usb stick then u can run the steam.exe and sign in and tht will work i think:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register