What's new

Discussion Does the admin have control over you?

• Thread starter Hatsune Miku
  • Start date
  • Views 461
Hatsune Miku

Please Spank Me

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll keep this short. I killed a support guy camping over the MCOM. Killed another guy, armed it. As I was running I died randomly and it said, "Killed by admin." When I respawned I was on the other team. Does the admin have the power to kill other players (with some kind of command) and force switch them to the other team?

This has happened about 3 times to me all in different games.

a golden fishy

a golden fishy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No, that would be part of an auto balance script ran on most servers now days. Usually in the chat it will say "Warning: Auto Balance 1 of 2" and after the second one it will balance the teams by switching the last person that joined and/or switched teams. The only reason it says "Killed by an admin." is because players would like more to have a message saying that rather than a message saying "Bad Luck" then end up on the enemy team for some strange reason without the ability to switch back.

Although, I have never heard of this script being run on the Xbox... That would require modding the server configuration just like on the PC servers, which is technically a breach of the "Rules and Conditions" of running a server.

Hatsune Miku

Please Spank Me

Getting There
Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
No, that would be part of an auto balance script ran on most servers now days. Usually in the chat it will say "Warning: Auto Balance 1 of 2" and after the second one it will balance the teams by switching the last person that joined and/or switched teams. The only reason it says "Killed by an admin." is because players would like more to have a message saying that rather than a message saying "Bad Luck" then end up on the enemy team for some strange reason without the ability to switch back.

Although, I have never heard of this script being run on the Xbox... That would require modding the server configuration just like on the PC servers, which is technically a breach of the "Rules and Conditions" of running a server.

Oh okay. And I guess the script is run on the Xbox, considering it's happened to me a few times. :tongue:

C

ColdEmbrace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On the xbox you can rent a server with msp this allows you as server admin to control the teams within the game by at any time forcing a player to change teams. Comes in useful when you set your friends as admins and they turn team balance off.

w a t

wat91

Enthusiast
Artist
Reaction score
Sin$

Nope. Admins can switch players to other teams and kill them.

So yes Hatsune Miku Hatsune Miku , when they feel like being pricks they can.

a golden fishy

a golden fishy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is why the PC is WAYYYY better than any console game/platform could EVER hope to be -_-

PC MASTER RACE FTW! :biggrin:

Anyway, they are technically paying for the server so they can do whatever they want (as long as they arent running a RANKED server.. As doing this in a RANKED server would breach the Rules and Conditions still). Some people just cant play the game and have douche parents that buy them whatever. So when they play on a server that runs legit, they get stomped and decide "Well, I can b**** at my mom/dad and get them to buy me a server! Then I can get everyone to play like I want!" (AKA: I play like ****, so if anyone is better then me I will use my admin to make them play even shittier so I can win! :biggrin:)

Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$
I have bought a server and I am allowed to force a person to switch teams as long as it doesn't make them uneven. When you move them, it automatically kills them.

JaySevens

JaySevens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was playing rush the other day and got killed by the admin but I stayed on the same team. I dunno.

w a t

wat91

Enthusiast
Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
I have bought a server and I am allowed to force a person to switch teams as long as it doesn't make them uneven. When you move them, it automatically kills them.
Don't admins have the power to turn off team balance or does that turn off ranked?

Cage

Cage

#BoomTouchdown
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't admins have the power to turn off team balance or does that turn off ranked?
They can turn off team balance but they can "balance teams" by themselves by moving people or killing them for fun.

ChalkyBarracuda

ChalkyBarracuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive been killed by an admin because i shot him down a few times in a jet. Just because i'm a good pilot i've been kicked/banned from a bunch of servers too, all while playing legit.

Top Bottom
Login
Register