What's new

Discussion Does Pack-a-Punch really pack a punch?

OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
639
Maybe it's just me, but has anybody else noticed that the Pack-a-Punch weapons don't seem to be any different in terms of effectiveness than the regular versions? Yeah they look and sound cool, shoot cool looking rounds, and have higher ammo capacities, but can anybody honestly say they have noticed a significant difference in stopping power or effectiveness between the PaP version and the regular one? The PaP guns I've had so far are, ray gun, wonderwaffe, ppsh, thompson, mg42, ptrs, and mp40, and I can honestly say I haven't noticed any major improvement in terms of making zombies dead. Don't get me wrong, I think they are cool as hell, and will continue to try different ones, but at round 22 a PaP ray gun was taking 3 hits to kill a zombie. That doesn't seem right. And on top of that, if you have a PaP version of a weapon that you can buy on the wall, the upgraded ammo you have to buy for it is ridiculously expensive, so if you don't get a max ammo, you may be screwed. Thoughts? :?
 
XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks

Getting There
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
292
I think there's certainly a huge ramp up/not ramp up for certain weapons (Magnum comes to mind, ****ing lame pap) but weapons like the ray gun and the MG42 (who's pap is better than the brownings :cursing:smile: and thompson (thompson, while still fairly weak does have a large ramp up) are all great. Raygun is probably the most modded, 40 round clip, increased resivoir, doesn't kill you when you shoot close up.
 
Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Messages
2,202
Reaction score
1,760
The pistol!!! Best weapon to upgrade, it fires noobtubes when you upgrade it! But ive noticed the upgraded ppsh does kill them alot more effectively to. But some suck, like the rocket launcher, it just gives it 3 rockets per reload and about 50 bullets, but its easy to kill yourself.
 
J

JerzeyLegend

Enthusiast
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
oline57 said:
Maybe it's just me, but has anybody else noticed that the Pack-a-Punch weapons don't seem to be any different in terms of effectiveness than the regular versions? Yeah they look and sound cool, shoot cool looking rounds, and have higher ammo capacities, but can anybody honestly say they have noticed a significant difference in stopping power or effectiveness between the PaP version and the regular one? The PaP guns I've had so far are, ray gun, wonderwaffe, ppsh, thompson, mg42, ptrs, and mp40, and I can honestly say I haven't noticed any major improvement in terms of making zombies dead. Don't get me wrong, I think they are cool as hell, and will continue to try different ones, but at round 22 a PaP ray gun was taking 3 hits to kill a zombie. That doesn't seem right. And on top of that, if you have a PaP version of a weapon that you can buy on the wall, the upgraded ammo you have to buy for it is ridiculously expensive, so if you don't get a max ammo, you may be screwed. Thoughts? :?

Then you must have been using it wrong. I was at Round 25 and a Porter's X2 Ray Gun was still killing zombies in one hit. You have to make sure the little red explosion hits the zombies. Don't try to hit them directly, hit the ground the walk on so you can get splash damage. I took out 10 zombies in a crowd around a monkey bomb at Round 25 with one shot.

MP 40, Type 100 they are not worth it. flame thrower is awesome, it makes zombies explode. Many say the MG 42 is better, but it's not, it's just faster, the browning packs a better punch, besides it's a 30 cal machine gun. PPSH owns.

The thing is, by the time you have enough for upgraded weapons, the zombies are really strong. I wish we could have these upgraded weapons at Shi No Numa.
 
OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
639
I'll have to try the ray gun at the ground by their feet. Cause I was seriously shooting them square in the torso, and it took 3 hits. The not killing you up close is nice. I did notice that the PaP wonderwaffe seems to do WAY more splash damage to you when shooting zombies at closer ranges. Thanks for the input, I only got to play Der Riese for a few hours (well, 16) on release day then I had to work for 24, so when I get off work in the morning I'll definitely be trying out other PaPed weapons.
 
XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks

Getting There
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
292
Lost44689 said:
The pistol!!! Best weapon to upgrade, it fires noobtubes when you upgrade it! But ive noticed the upgraded ppsh does kill them alot more effectively to. But some suck, like the rocket launcher, it just gives it 3 rockets per reload and about 50 bullets, but its easy to kill yourself.

The colt's pap is awful, all it does is make them crawlers.
 
xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx

Enthusiast
Messages
836
Reaction score
77
Which pistol fires rifle grenades? The magnum or the colt? And the only gun I have gotten is the Browning with pap.

It sounds like a laser and it is pretty strong.
 
XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks

Getting There
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
292
The PPSh is better than the browning, both with PaP's.
 
Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Messages
2,202
Reaction score
1,760
HOLLY CRAP, put tripple tap on, inf ammo and PaP the pistol, and it shoots about 50 a second with lots of spread, fire it up in the air for fireworks xD.
 
P

preetkk

Newbie
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
The flame-thrower is crap I was on level 16 when I upgraded it reading on here off someone's post saying it was "awesome"

It was taking literally a full blast of it to kill a single zombie
 
L

Lambo11

Enthusiast
Messages
109
Reaction score
12
XboxMySocks said:
The colt's pap is awful, all it does is make them crawlers.

thats correct its a waste of money upgrading that also if they swarm you, you die if you shoot cause it kills you also, and the wonderwaffe isn't that good either unless your on the run because if the lightning hits you your pretty much screwed same with the lighting traps, on shi no numa you could run threw it and be fine but in der riese you pretty much die
 
vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv

Retired
Retired
Messages
2,242
Reaction score
1,208
I've spent a lot of time testing all these pap's with infinite ammo, health and triple tap. Best weapon = MP40 and double barrell.

And, the M1A1, with triple tap, pap and infinite ammo is beast.
 
J

joeykrug

Enthusiast
Messages
170
Reaction score
9
Ptrs upgraded with triple tap is awesome, no scope to lvl 30 isnt stupid imo
 
Top Bottom
Login
Register