What's new

Solved Does it work?

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering, I am trying to make a jtag, and with the LPT printer cable, i dont have a port for it. I was wondering if a LPT to USB converter would work, but im not sure if the programs would then be able to find the cable, plz help. thanks.

And one more thing: does the nand need to be dumped to jtag? thanks.
(I wasnt sure were to put this post, so i put it under hardware, plz let me know if it is moved)

The Fuzz

The Fuzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it would probably work, does LPT have a voltage requirement? Because usb is only 5 volts, and that's why most converters don't work. I think the nand needs to be saved as a backup, then dumped and flashed with some other one, but I'm no expert, I've never made a jtag. Good luck!

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
it would probably work, does LPT have a voltage requirement? Because usb is only 5 volts, and that's why most converters don't work. I think the nand needs to be saved as a backup, then dumped and flashed with some other one, but I'm no expert, I've never made a jtag. Good luck!

the LPT doesnt have a voltage requirement (i think). thanks for the quick answer. i think it was up for 60 seconds. excellent. :smile:

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering, I am trying to make a jtag, and with the LPT printer cable, i dont have a port for it. I was wondering if a LPT to USB converter would work, but im not sure if the programs would then be able to find the cable, plz help. thanks.

And one more thing: does the nand need to be dumped to jtag? thanks.
(I wasnt sure were to put this post, so i put it under hardware, plz let me know if it is moved)

The LPT to USB converter will NOT work!

Top Bottom
Login
Register