What's new

Hardware Mods does it matter if you R-JTAG or RGH your xbox 360?

S

Solmin1552

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm looking into learning how to mod my x-box and I found a YouTube video that showed me this spreadsheet. I'm new to this site so I'm not sure how to include an image of the spreadsheet yet, I'll add it in later, but basically the spreadsheet is a list of different types of motherboards, and types of Xboxes and shows what hacks you can use, and it says certain Xboxes can only have R-jtags while others can only have RGH, but after reading forums and seeing what other people say, they talk as if it doesn't really matter if you do j-tags, or RGH.
Post automatically merged:

here's the YouTube video with the spreadsheet I'm talking about still not sure how to just post the image

sonnyy

sonnyy

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
i think people use rgh instead of r-jtag since r-jtag is outdated/discontinued

S

Solmin1552

Solutions
Reaction score
i think people use rgh instead of r-jtag since r-jtag is outdated/discontinued
I've seen in other places where they say if it's a slim it has to have rgh, but a phat has to be j-tag, but they also say the j-tag messes with the x-box and it makes it more likely for the Xbox to fail, do you happen to know if, there's a newer better way to mod the phat 360's or would a rgh work fine on any xbox? I have a trinity slim, and a zephyr, and falcon phat system I hope to eventually mod all 3, but i'm starting with the slim cause the rgh seems easier, I'll continue my research on moding the phat systems after i'm done with the slim, but if anyone has any pointers or tips that would be great.
I'll also post any updates If i find any new info on moding the zephyr and falcon, if anyone is interested

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Reaction score
PHATS - RGH1.2
Slim's - RGH2

R-JTAG just tends to be finicky and require more tuning. The chips are also more expensive. On PHATS if you have an old dashboard you can possibly JTAG/RGH1. Currently RGH1.2 is the best for any PHAT.

Top Bottom
Login
Register