What's new

Discussion Does Halo: Reach feel better than Halo 4?

• Thread starter Jack Iz Beast x
  • Start date
  • Views 8,760
Chase

Chase

Get Got
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
yes

jay turns

jay turns

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Bright Idea Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's see what Halo 4 has going for it then, shall we?

- Removal of core features and gametypes (Why do we have Grifball, but no Classic Assault variant?)
- Bloating of the sandbox with virtually identical weapons that fill the same role (midrifles, I'm looking at you)
- Implementation of roll-the-dice 'everybody's a winner' playstyle (lol Ordinance)
- Core features returning months behind schedule (File Share, I'm looking at you)
- Implementation of perks to further dilute the skill gap
- Inability to scavenge ammuntion/grenades unless you have a damned perk for it
- Removal/limiting of on-map weapon spawns, promoting camping with Loadout/Ordinance weapons
- Poor/limited selection of map availability and design (which, again, hinders movement around the maps and promotes camping)
- Poor weapon balancing (DMR, Boltshot)
- Poor vehicle balancing
- Poor Ability/Perk balancing
- (Some) armour unlocks tied to Commendations (some of which are relatively impossible to complete) over achievements/ranks, frustrating completionists
- Elites unavailable in Multiplayer (despite being in the last three major multiplayer titles)

And for Reach?

- "Armour Lock is too hard to deal with!" (no it isn't, you t**, just back off for a second and wait for them to exit)
- "DMR is too random! Nerf bloom!" (No, just lay off the spam and you might actually hit something)
- "Banshee is OP!" (OK, I'll actually give you this one)

Reach was perhaps the prime example of how Halo could incorporate class-based gameplay - you have a set selection of classes to choose from, there are no weapons overlapping each other (rather than Halo 4 having four midrifles, four heavy weapons, four assault rifles... need I go on?), and all of the Armour Abilites can (if you're not an absolute tool) be countered. If you want to nitpick then the Title Update solved most of the issues, the remaining issues were generally map-based (jetpacks on Reflection), and everything else can be solved by just being a little more patient.

Other than that. Reach had more or less everything its predecessors did, added a sh*tload of new content, and never held your hand while giving you free kills and weapons. The only reason people hate it so vehemently is because they can't wrap their brains around the concept of patience and tactics over running and gunning blindly.

Ideally, Halo 4 should have built from Halo: Reach's successes, fixed the few glaring issues that people were having problems with, and tied it all up in a pretty little ribbon. Instead, we have a watered-down experience designed to appeal to the CoD audience - can you honestly tell me now, having read all of this, that Halo 4 is better than Reach?
i am not saying this is very haloish, i just thought it felt more like halo than reach, didnt really like either too much.

Zandril

Zandril

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 4 has a COD-ish feel to it.

So I guess I have to say that Reach DOES feel better than H4.

Buddha

Buddha

'Murica
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 2 was the best feeling GAME ever made IMO. It was very balanced and actually took skill to play. Halo 3 was a little worse, but it still had the really competitive edge to it. I quit playing Halo when reach came out. It really disappointed me. I bought Halo 4 hoping it would be better, and it was better than reach, but it still lacked the balance and skill Halo 2 required. So there's my answer

Alaina 7S

Sexy Man IV

When I close my eyes, I Can't see.
Reaction score
Sin$
never played halo 4 but I love halo reach

Mob Zombi

Mob Zombi

Intelligence Is Mine
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't thank so i believe Halo 4 is a lot smoother.

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo Reach felt 1000x more better than Halo 4. But I still dislike Reach so that should tell you something.

Aviate

Aviate

œSoaring
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion, Halo: Reach is so much better than Halo 4. Halo 4 doesn't feel or look like Halo. However, Halo 3 is the best Halo of all time.

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you crazy? Of Course Halo: Reach feels better than Halo 4! Halo 4 is terrible and has less things than Reach did. We the players had to mod a gametype in Halo 4 just to make a single flag in CTF come on 343i we're finishing your game for you!

zumbawumba

zumbawumba

Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 4 doesn't even feel or play like a true Halo game. Even with all of the BS in Reach, I still prefer it over Halo 4.

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know that one feels better than the other, but they're definitely different. There are a handful of things I miss about Reach when playing 4 (yeah, I'm an armor lock junkie), but day-to-day I play Halo 4 more than Reach. Both are really solid games. When people say one or the other "sucks" I just roll my eyes. Maybe they aren't everyone's favorite Halo titles, but both are really solid games.

Top Bottom
Login
Register