What's new

Discussion Does Halo: Reach feel better than Halo 4?

• Thread starter Jack Iz Beast x
  • Start date
  • Views 8,760
poopinouttacos

poopinouttacos

The Taco Master
Reaction score
Sin$
The sniping in Halo 4 is really bad and everyone says its much more easier than Reach's. But in the end, Reach is one of my top favorites, because it was something new and different like Halo 2. Also because it introduced a new set of Spartans and it gave the covenant ranks instead of color schemes in the old ones.

Killem 7s

Killem 7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I preferred Halo 3 to Reach, personally. I want to play Halo 4 though.

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh god no, Reach is my least favorite Halo. The gameplay felt so foreign from Halo's norm. At least in 4, they brought back that classic Halo feeling in a few ways. It's still not up to par with any of the other ones but I find that it's a lot more enjoyable than Reach. Sure, there might be more Call of Duty elements in 4 but Reach felt more like a different franchise than 4 does.

And don't even get me started on Reach's campaign. Those were the worst excuses for characters (except Jorge) that I have ever seen in any story I've seen or read.

I'm waiting for someone to make another Halo that is as good as ODST.

Hellshock

Hellshock

RGH Trinity Dual Nand x360 pro v6
Seasoned Veteran Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh god no, Reach is my least favorite Halo. The gameplay felt so foreign from Halo's norm. At least in 4, they brought back that classic Halo feeling in a few ways. It's still not up to par with any of the other ones but I find that it's a lot more enjoyable than Reach. Sure, there might be more Call of Duty elements in 4 but Reach felt more like a different franchise than 4 does.

And don't even get me started on Reach's campaign. Those were the worst excuses for characters (except Jorge) that I have ever seen in any story I've seen or read.

Same here!

Sallos

dualkiller

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
halo 4 was alright, the maps arent the best, the playlists could use a good update, it was way to easy to rank up and they have way too much armor. halo reach was really good, even though i didnt like the maps it had

I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah it's really beginning to bother me, people regarding reach as one of the best halos, when it was by FAR the worst. Halo 2 easily being the best, and halo 3 was great, and halo 4 im still feeling it

jack

jack

七転び八起き
Administrator
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah it's really beginning to bother me, people regarding reach as one of the best halos, when it was by FAR the worst. Halo 2 easily being the best, and halo 3 was great, and halo 4 im still feeling it
I'm willing to give 343i a break, seeing as their employees did not predominantly migrate over from Bungie as I previously thought. Halo is a huge game to make, and I'm sure they had to bust their asses just to release Halo 4. They've seen the community's response to it, and hopefully with the release of their next game, we can say that it's not even comparable to Reach.

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Although the characters were bad in Reach, they at least kept to the open battles and explained everything.

If you haven't read the books, you literally have no idea what's happening in Halo 4. Even if you did read, there are still some pretty large plot holes.

And the game is painfully, agonizingly linear. No to mention how many moments there are of "Good job, you pressed/shut down the thing, now do it three more times before you progress."

Reaiming

Reaiming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree, Reach was just down right terrible..
Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo 4 > Reach.

Lay

Lay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Some of you people say Halo Reach was the best, have you played Halo 3?Halo 4 was not from bungie of course it's going to change.

Fissxre

Fissxre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 4 generates a feeling of invincibility and dominance unlike any other Halo that precedes it.

Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to talk about maps... which is very important, Halo 4 has the worst map selection and Halo 3 had the best.

I am iNSaNiTY

I am iNSaNiTY

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to talk about maps... which is very important, Halo 4 has the worst map selection and Halo 3 had the best.
halo 3 maps were not that great at all, halo 1 and 2 had the maps. I mean cmon, blood gulch, lockout, ivory tower, beaver creek, midship, terminal, hang em high, side winder and the list goes on.

Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
halo 3 maps were not that great at all, halo 1 and 2 had the maps. I mean cmon, blood gulch, lockout, ivory tower, beaver creek, midship, terminal, hang em high, side winder and the list goes on.
bologna... they were all great. for Halo 3 it had the best selection of a mix between casual and competitive.

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo Reach did feel more of a Halo game than Halo 4 ever did. Halo 2 is still the best as I had more fun competitive wise and casual wise. Halo 3 was also fun.

Halo is just going to go downhill from now on, you will not find a better Halo game in the near future.

C

Clutterbuck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
halo 2 or 3 was by far my favorite and to be honest i think reach is better then halo 4. just my opinion though!

Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All they really have to do is put back in a ton of customization options for custom games and forge, as well as make top quality maps and Halo can shine again. I don't think Certain Affinity is up to the task though. These Halo 4 maps just don't have that Bungie magick. There are only a handful of great maps in Halo 4 and the rest are mediocre or just suck... it's a shame. 
i like turtles. I just think the first two games had better maps than 3 and up
I don't disagree, I was just saying Halo 3 had great maps. I can't think of any I didn't like and playing Halo 3 I get that nostalgic feeling so I'm going to start playing it again. I'd play Halo 2 on PC too but I think Microscum shut down the servers or something?

EDIT: Well I did say Halo 3 had the best... I retract that and I'll just say Halo 1, 2, and 3 had the best. But that's pretty obvious..heh

Little_Shadow

Little_Shadow

Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion, yes. Halo 4 is not bad by any means. I just dislike it. Halo Reach however, is my favorite Halo. It felt the most well rounded.

Top Bottom
Login
Register