Does H2 Modding = XBL Ban?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Gaming Royalty, Jan 31, 2009 with 12 replies and 375 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaming Royalty

Gaming Royalty Newbie

Ratings:
    I seriously want to mod Halo 2 but, I'm afraid of getting banned from ALL of xbox live.

Will I get banned or will my account get banned?

:?

~iTz

Also, I'm on an xbox 360.

2. Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    No...You wont get banned at all. You dont even get banned in H2 anymore for mods.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    Gaming Royalty

Gaming Royalty Newbie

Ratings:
    Even modded profiles?

No bans at all, you assure me?

4. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    If you have a modded profile it wont work on live, it will show your gamertag, assuming you mean a profile name mod. and they just boot you out of MM for having mods on your box.

5. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah dude you can mod H2 and not get banned, i modded H2 a few years ago and i can still use the account on live , i just cant go into matchmaking. Once the countdown gets to zero it kicks you back to the menu. But theres tricks to get around that if im not mistaken.

6. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Well, I consider that a ban. Its just that its a Matchmaking ban for halo 2. And if you start a new account then your not banned on that one. Also you dont get banned for all games just halo 2.

7. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    Yeah i know its techincally still a ban but he mentioned

So i was really trying to say that no, he will not be perma banned from live, he just cant go into matchmaking on halo 2.

8. EnergiE

EnergiE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You will get 20 seconds in the game then booted to the menu. No h2 ban or xbl ban.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Pretty much nothing will happen to you if you mod halo 2. The only thing that will happen to you is that you will get kicked out of matchmaking games on halo 2 in less than a minute, but you don't get banned from matchmaking, you can just go right back in and get kicked out again. No other games will be effected, your xbox live account will not be banned, and you'll be fine playing any other game, including Halo 3.

If you want to mod halo 2, just do it. It's awesome, but you're a little late. When H2 was in its prime, modding was in its prime. The good ol' days. Halo 2 modding is really fun though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Wait, Really? I thought you were in the game for 20 seconds then you get kicked out and get banned from matchmaking. Also if you mod and do that and then you take the mods off can you go into matchmaking and not get kicked out?

• Like Like x 1
  11. MINICHIMP 3

Ratings:
    Nope once your banned your banned. When i was banned i didnt even have modded maps yet. all i did was complete the soft mod process and i went into matchmaking once (with no mods yet) and after the game i turned of my xbox. Next day i try to go into matchmaking again (still no mods) and it said i was banned. They check to see if your xbox is modded, not the actual .map .

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    Gaming Royalty

Gaming Royalty Newbie

Ratings:
    I meant having a modded H2 Profile with action replay so that I could have unlimited ammo and health.

Thanks goes out to everyone who posted on this thread, you've taken the fear out of me, you guys are awesome!

Also, what's up EnergiE!

13. ardalan1122

ardalan1122 Newbie

Ratings:
    i remember when the 360 first came out. i modded the downloaded h2 maps and modded them. would play custom games all day, and recently even online with friends. MM may be different tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.