• Thread starter Markymark78
  • Start date
  • Views 321
Markymark78

Markymark78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I had comcast for about a year and then all of a sudden my gta stopped working. I would get in a session and boom everyone left at the same time. I ended up getting ATT dsl running 10 mbps and could play great no problems. 3 months later with att being to slow for work and school things went back to comcast 75mbps. Same thing is happening again, I still have att for a week and I can switch back to it for gta but it still doesn't work for comcast. Is it because of the mbps difference why it's not working? This one makes my head hurts any input would be awesome.

ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
Change your dns settings and open the ports up. The comcast firewall is blocking the traffic, which is why you keep getting dumped out of sessions.

Upvote 0
ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
What should I change my dns to?
8.8.8.8. This is google dns. If that doesnt work disable the comcast firewall and test a session with firewall disabled. I had experience with steam not allowing connections before; even after opening and forwarding ports comcast router refused to allow traffic..had to disable firewall for it to work. Not recommended to do this (disable firewall and leave disabled), but disabling first can help to narrow the issue down...if session good and you stay in lobby with other players, then u know the firewall is the issue.

Upvote 0
Markymark78

Markymark78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
8.8.8.8. This is google dns. If that doesnt work disable the comcast firewall and test a session with firewall disabled. I had experience with steam not allowing connections before; even after opening and forwarding ports comcast router refused to allow traffic..had to disable firewall for it to work. Not recommended to do this (disable firewall and leave disabled), but disabling first can help to narrow the issue down...if session good and you stay in lobby with other players, then u know the firewall is the issue.
I will thanks!!

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register