Does anyone know where I can find a dvd converter?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by Alexandrak, Nov 20, 2008 with 4 replies and 154 views.

1. Alexandrak

Alexandrak Newbie

Ratings:
    Where can I find a free converter tool that converts avi to ipod compatable and to DVD? I have this one know but I have the trial version (it's really expensive, but good quality =[ ) so it says 'Trial Version' and I wanted to burn a DVD for my friend but I don't want it to say 'Trial Verion' on the DVD when she watches it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    To convert stuff to iPod format use this: [Click here to view the link]

Not sure of anything good and free to convert stuff to DVD format.

If you get Premium I'll get you a copy of ConvertXtoDVD for free though. Its the best program for converting stuff to DVD that I know of, but it cost money.
    (Unless you have Premium. :wink:)

3. Hullu

Hullu Newbie

Ratings:
    The 10 Most Popular DVD Converter

We live in the revolutionary era of the DVD and that everybody runs like mad for the quality of the videos they watch. But sometimes there are some features on the DVD that you want to separate and the easiest way to do that is to compress them into all kinds of formats with the 11 most popular [Click here to view the link].

Link: [Click here to view the link]

1. [Click here to view the link]

[​IMG]
    It converts DVDs to play on almost any portable device including iPod, [Click here to view the link], iPod touch, iPod video nano, Zune, [Click here to view the link], video capable MP3 players, video capable mobile phones, Pocket P.C., and so on. Meanwhile, it can also support output almost any audio/video format including Video format(H264, MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, [Click here to view the link], 3GP, flv, SWF, [Click here to view the link], mpeg-1, mpeg-2, VideoCD, SuperVideoCD, DVD, etc) and Audio format(AC3, AAC, MP2, MP3, MP4, RA, WMA, etc.).
    Published by Cucusoft. It is a shareware. Platform are win 98/ME/NT3/NT4/2000/XP/Vista.
    The 11 Most Popular DVD Converter | Posted 10/22/2008
    Easy of Use: 8 | Features: 8.5 | Conversion Speed: 8
    UI skin: 8 | User Rating: 8 | Popularity: 7.5
    [Click here to view the link]

2. [Click here to view the link]
    [​IMG]
    It combines DVD Ripper Platinum, Video Converter Platinum and all [Click here to view the link], iPod, 3GP, Zune Video Suite into one. The [Click here to view the link] features superb video/audio quality, the fastest conversion speed available on the market (Up to 3x faster), vast support for all kinds of devices. Easy to use and features fully loaded.
    Published by Avex. It is a shareware. Platform are Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
    Easy of Use: 7.5 | Features: 8 | Conversion Speed: 7.5
    UI skin: 7.5 | User Rating: 7.5 | Popularity: 8
    [Click here to view the link] [Click here to view the link]

3. [Click here to view the link]
    [​IMG]
    It is easy to use and powerful for experts as well. It can convert and burn any video file directly to [Click here to view the link], DVD, SVCD, MPEG1 and MPEG2 format. Pro version included all the features of the lite version. In addition, it has embedded " DVD Author Express" and " DVD/VCD/SVCD Burner Engine". So it becomes an all-in-one VCD/SVCD/DVD Creator.
    Published by Cucusoft. It is a shareware. Platform are Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
    Easy of Use: 7 | Features: 7.5 | Conversion Speed: 7
    UI skin: 7 | User Rating: 7 | Popularity: 7.5

4. [Click here to view the link]
    [​IMG]
    It [Click here to view the link] into a compliant DVD Video set of files, and burns it on a DVD media. Faster DVD Ripper is so easy to use, just a few clicks to rip DVD with fast speed. It supports all most popular formats such as DVD VOB to [Click here to view the link], Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, [Click here to view the link], WMV, DV, iPod, [Click here to view the link], PSP, FLV, Youtube and stream formats to DVD.
    Published by DVD Converter. It is a shareware. Platform are Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
    Easy of Use: 7 | Features: 7 | Conversion Speed: 7
    UI skin: 7 | User Rating: 7 | Popularity: 6.5

5. [Click here to view the link]
    [​IMG]
    It is the most powerful Mac DVD and [Click here to view the link] that include two almighty Mac converters: Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac and Aimersoft Mac Video Converter. It can help Mac OS X users not only rip DVD to AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV, but also finish conversions among all common video format like convert AVI to [Click here to view the link], convert MPEG to AVI, etc. Although it is very powerful, it is still very easy to use.
    Published by Aimersoft Studio. It is a shareware. Platform is Mac OS X.
    Easy of Use: 7 | Features: 7 | Conversion Speed: 7
    UI skin: 6.5 | User Rating: 7 | Popularity: 6.5

6. [Click here to view the link]

[​IMG]
    It is the fastest DVD ripper available on the market. This all-in-one DVD ripping software which can rip DVD to all popular video formats with ease. Support [Click here to view the link], iPod, PSP, [Click here to view the link]. With Superb video/audio quality and up to 3x faster ripping speed than conventional DVD Rippers, It simply does the job much better.
    Published by Avex DVD Software. It is a shareware. Platform are Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista.
    Easy of Use: 7 | Features: 7 | Conversion Speed: 6.5
    UI skin: 7 | User Rating: 6.5 | Popularity: 6.5

7. [Click here to view the link]
    [​IMG]
    It [Click here to view the link] and episodes quickly and easily to video files for [Click here to view the link], iPhone, [Click here to view the link], Archos, Creative Labs Zen, Generic [Click here to view the link], Microsoft Zune (MPEG-4) and Sony PSP.
    It is a shareware. Platform are Win 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista.
    Easy of Use: 6.5 | Features: 7.5 | Conversion Speed: 6.5
    UI skin: 6.5 | User Rating: 6.5 | Popularity: 6.5

8. [Click here to view the link]

[​IMG]
    t is powerful, all-in-one DVD ripping software which can rip DVD to various video and audio formats with ease. It includes not only the features of DVD Ripper and DVD Audio Ripper, i.e., rip DVD to all popular video formats such as AVI, [Click here to view the link], WMV, DivX, FLV, [Click here to view the link], etc., rip DVD to audio formats including WAV, WMA, MP3, but also other features like ripping DVD to MP4 to play on your portable MP4 players.
    Published by goodvdsoft. It is a shareware. Platform are Win 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista.
    Easy of Use: 6.5 | Features: 6.5 | Conversion Speed: 7.5
    UI skin: 6.5 | User Rating: 6.5 | Popularity: 6

9. [Click here to view the link]

[​IMG]
    It is an All-in-One [Click here to view the link] and [Click here to view the link] which can rip DVD movie to all popular video formats and [Click here to view the link] between all popular video formats with fast converting speed and excellent video quality.
    Published by ANVSOFT Inc. It is a shareware. Platform are Windows Vista, 2003, XP.
    Easy of Use: 6.5 | Features: 6.5 | Conversion Speed: 7.5
    UI skin: 6.5 | User Rating: 6 | Popularity: 6

10. [Click here to view the link]

[​IMG]
    It is a powerful multimedia application that includes two great products: Pavtube Video Converter and Pavtube DVD Ripper. It can perfectly rip DVD, [Click here to view the link] all video and [Click here to view the link] files.
    Published by Pavtube Studio. It is a shareware. Platform are Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
    Easy of Use: 6 | Features: 7.5 | Conversion Speed: 6
    UI skin: 7 | User Rating: 6 | Popularity: 6

After our test, there is no spyware and adware in these 10 softwares.

source: [Click here to view the link]

4. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    If you join premium, they will surely help you out more :wink:

5. TerminatioN

TerminatioN AzzidReign loves GTA Retired

Ratings:
    Firstly, I'm pretty sure these are all for converting/ripping DVD to other formats. Which is NOT what he wants. He wants to convert AVI to iPod/DVD format.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure all of those cost money, and he asked for free apps.

Thirdly, I've NEVER heard of any of those.

Post from personal experience please, posting random crap from other websites doesn't really help, as in most cases it isn't very accurate.