What's new

Does anyone know how to convert data storage?

• Thread starter The_Notorious_BIG
  • Start date
  • Views 215
Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
So in my computer class, we were learning how to convert bytes into megabytes (etc etc) but I wasnt listening. I cannot find any sort of example on how to do it on the internet because it just comes up with a caclulator where as I want the actual method.

Now im not sure if its just *1024 to go from 10 byes to (x) kilobytes or what not. So could someone tell me how to convert anything (including terabytes) to any other type of data size*.

Could you drop some examples too please?

I was also not listening when we were talking about how to caclulate the size of a song if it was 44100hz.
Could someone tell me how to calculate that for just one second. Then from there its easy, you just * by 2 (for 2 channels) and then the answer by how many seconds you want..

Could you also drop some examples for this too.

Cheers

Vista Fanboy

Vista Fanboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For example, when you jump from kilobytes to megabytes, you would divide the kilobytes by 1024. Now if you were going from megabytes to kilobytes you would multiply the megabytes by 1024. And if you were going from say terabytes to megabytes, you would multiply the terabytes by 1024 twice. In other words (terabytes x 1024 x 1024).
Now for the size of a song by the hertz you can read this article.
Hope it helps

The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
For example, when you jump from kilobytes to megabytes, you would divide the kilobytes by 1024. Now if you were going from megabytes to kilobytes you would multiply the megabytes by 1024. And if you were going from say terabytes to megabytes, you would multiply the terabytes by 1024 twice. In other words (terabytes x 1024 x 1024).
Now for the size of a song by the hertz you can read this article.
Hope it helps

Thankyou very very much. Now I have a clear understanding. Thankyou!

Someone will da super power should lock da thread cause' help is no longer needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register