Xbox 360 does anyone know a good way to boost

Discussion in 'Gears of War Boosting & Matches' started by Burritos, May 8, 2012 with 26 replies and 8,681 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burritos

Burritos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hey i want to boost but i dont know a good way i tried chapter 3 act 1 boosting and i got like 700 xp

2. Aura

Aura Aura©

Ratings:
    Did you do it in Arcade?

3. OP
    Burritos

Burritos Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. Aura

Aura Aura©

Ratings:
    Hmm, they must've patched it then. :confused:

5. OP
    Burritos

Burritos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    but i deleted the patch is there another way to do it

6. jjacob

jjacob Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i just did it last week on thursday and jumped from 93 to get my wings

7. ITS CarNagE

ITS CarNagE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how??

8. jjacob

jjacob Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Act 3 Ch 1 just like the video

9. OP
    Burritos

Burritos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i did that and didnt get that much xp at all

10. B P

B P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Try 2-2 and see how that works. I've never done 3-1, anyone wanna link me?

11. fishtard

fishtard Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You may already know this but you may not, you kill the reavers and the bulk of the xp you recieve at the end is for earning 7,500,000 points in arcade (bottom right and up 1?) you get 20,000xp for the medal that is what the xp is for... You obviously didnt kill reavers long enough...

And as for a patch im not aware of one?
    if you do it with 2 controls it also add abit of security incase you die before it saves (i've done this and lost all points :frown: ) and you also get more medals up if you dont die and keep your multiplyer maxed :smile:

( i cant edit this in? :frown: so i had to post a link and it is not mine or anybody i know)

It may not be the best link but its an example of what to do for you guys who are unsure
    My prefered method exept i use the following mutators:
    Super reload
    No ammo pick ups
    None lambent regenerate health
    Therefore i belive the multyplyer is 0.95 for campaign score but with insane this will rise to 1.045
    Therefore to get 20k everytime you reload checkpoint you simply get 7177034 points but that takes a while...
    It takes me about half an hour per million points using the lancer and killing all the reavers i see which the guy in the video snipes for some reason...

12. B P

B P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay so 3-1 isn't patched, he just didn't grind for long enough right?

13. fishtard

fishtard Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I am finding a few things as i look around like people saying if you play online then it greys out the reload checkpoint but i havent had any experience of this as they were probably too slow with the reloading...
    And as for the amount of grinding that is probably why he only got a couple hundred xp....
    Ive done it before where i ended up getting around 225k from this method, albeit followed by a rank reset but oh well.

Im going to try it myself for a while and as long as i dont forget i will edit in whether or not it worked for me and if i encountered any greyed out checkpoint reloads... ( I will be doing this connect to online with all updates )

14. B P

B P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey man add me on XBL my GT's Burnin PIFF, if you want I'll try it out with you tonight

15. jjacob

jjacob Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yup didn't grind it out long enough
    I just did it today to get my dummy acct back on wings and I think I had 3.1 Mil on the reavers before I started the rest of the game. I was playing split screen with my main as well. And I grinded for a little over an hour. And ended up getting 20 medals or so. Not once did the reload checkpoint gray out. I was online for the whole time too.

16. jjacob

jjacob Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The multiplier for insane is 2.5 and if you use an easy mutator along with 2 hard ones (10% each), your total score would be multiplied by 2.375 since you are only losing 5% for the mutator

17. OP
    Burritos

Burritos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i still dont get it how long should i kill the reavers for

18. jjacob

jjacob Enthusiast

Ratings:
    However long you want to. When I did it and finished with the reaver part, I was at 3mil and when I finished the chapter I was at 3.3mil or so and after the multiplier I was at 4.9mil or so. And every 2 times I reverted, I would get a medal. I was using 2 easy mutators (super reload and infinite ammo) and 1 hard (no ammo pickup) on Insane.

19. OP
    Burritos

Burritos Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how do i get insane and how many times should i restart the level to get the king of cog medal

20. jjacob

jjacob Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When you select the Act 3 Ch 1 you can choose what difficulty you want (as long as you have beaten the campaign at least once or insane wont be unlocked) and it all depends on how long you wanna do the reaver part