What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Does anyone happen to know how restore the Uplay rewards to a GPD file for Assassin's Creed II (2009)?

Resosaur

Resosaur

Reaction score
Sin$
As some here may or may not know, Uplay rewards for the 360-era AC games are stored in the GPD file attached to your profile. For ACII, there were three Uplay rewards: Altaïr Outfit, Auditore Family Crypt, and Additional Throwing Knives. I earned these back in the day and had access to them every time I revisited the game in the many years since…except, that is, until recently. There was a wave of server closures the past couple years for some of these older Ubisoft titles, and for whatever reason it seems to have impacted my Uplay rewards for certain games, including this one. Despite using the same exact profile and save file as back in the day, the Uplay content has straight up disappeared from my game as of 2024.

I know several GPD editors exist for various games, but I've not come across any specifically designed to unlock Uplay rewards in the Assassin's Creed games. If such an editor already exists, please point me in the right direction, as perhaps I haven't been thorough enough in my search. And if not, here's a download link to my GPD file in case someone out there already knows how to do this and can modify the file for me. I've started to do some preliminary tinkering on my own, but I'm not savvy enough in this area to truly decipher the contents and structure of a GPD file.

I know this is probably a long shot but figured I'd make a post just in case! I know many of the experts on this site may have moved on since the 360 days, but I'm hoping there's still enough institutional knowledge around here to make this happen.

P.S. I've been able to track down several GPD files from other Xbox accounts that contain the Uplay content in question. The problem is that inserting these into my own profile only restores access to the content while offline; as soon as you load up the game while offline, the GPD file is then overwritten and the rewards are removed. My goal is to unlock them on my own GPD file so I can access the content both online and off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register