What's new

Discussion Does anyone else miss when modding wasn't so popular?

• Thread starter handsomepigeonzz
  • Start date
  • Views 1,268
H

handsomepigeonzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
These days, almost everyone has an RGH and most of the playerbase on last gen are modders since all of the legit people have moved to the next gen. Can't blame em. I don't miss the c*nts that used to aimbot and **** but I miss xp lobbies, infected matches and just having fun ****ing around with mods. It used to be something unique. Your friends friend would know a guy who knew a modder. You felt special to know a modder personally. It used to be much more underground but these days anyone that wants to mod has got an RGH. The modding scene is so saturated now. Every call of duty lobby has a modder in it and even the xp lobbies and zombieland has just gotten boring because of the saturation. The last gen modding is just beating a dead horse - there's nothing new.

I don't think that we'll ever experience what we had again. Xbox One might never even be exploited and even then, it's just different now. You can easily find a modder and it's just not the same. I'm sure that even if the XBOne did get exploited, Microsoft would have a million different security measures and the mods would be ****

D

DeeQs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean yeah. I missed making 10-20 dollars for pressing one button on someone’s account and being begged for everything lol. Nowadays my jailbreak is just sitting in my closet. Could’ve sold it for 200 plus with the stuff I got on it but it meant something to me. I even auctioned it on eBay I got up to 250 in bids like 1-2 years back but I took it down and said it isn’t for sale. Its just in the top of my closet collecting dust now but it still has character.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
These days, almost everyone has an RGH and most of the playerbase on last gen are modders since all of the legit people have moved to the next gen. Can't blame em. I don't miss the c*nts that used to aimbot and **** but I miss xp lobbies, infected matches and just having fun ****ing around with mods. It used to be something unique. Your friends friend would know a guy who knew a modder. You felt special to know a modder personally. It used to be much more underground but these days anyone that wants to mod has got an RGH. The modding scene is so saturated now. Every call of duty lobby has a modder in it and even the xp lobbies and zombieland has just gotten boring because of the saturation. The last gen modding is just beating a dead horse - there's nothing new.

I don't think that we'll ever experience what we had again. Xbox One might never even be exploited and even then, it's just different now. You can easily find a modder and it's just not the same. I'm sure that even if the XBOne did get exploited, Microsoft would have a million different security measures and the mods would be ****

I mean yeah. I missed making 10-20 dollars for pressing one button on someone’s account and being begged for everything lol. Nowadays my jailbreak is just sitting in my closet. Could’ve sold it for 200 plus with the stuff I got on it but it meant something to me. I even auctioned it on eBay I got up to 250 in bids like 1-2 years back but I took it down and said it isn’t for sale. Its just in the top of my closet collecting dust now but it still has character.
Early mods I did online were just usermap mods for Halo 3 and adding buttons and icons to my name in CoD WaW. Even though these were minimal (super-easy is beyond being generous) I remember getting spammed with messages (some angry, some confused, some amazed).

The first ever proper modding I ever did was when I hotswapped an .iso for WaW on xbox 360 (The leaked version of Physics n Flex V3). Sure, hotswapping isn't tough, but much more effort required than a USB mod. Had a blast stealing host in zombies lobbies and making buildings spawn in or just trolling by getting weapons super early on and not going down. Enjoyed making someone's day by giving them free unlocks or just making the matches crazy with mods (effects, speed, weapon mods). In terms of JTAG/RGH, I was a bit late to modding online, but even then I had a blast because at the time it still wasn't super-common (Thank you XboxLiveLogon. I don't forget all the support over Skype and shared KV's!). XLL hosted tons of lobbies on MW2 and he let me hop in to assist from time to time. The amount of messages we would get was insane to me.

During this time, I would also mod on my own on Halo 3, some CoD games, GTA, etc. I do miss the crazy reactions I would get. People throwing money at you for those L337 H4X or other people calling their M$-employee parents was always amusing. As time went on though, like you guys pointed out, more people got into it and modding online became saturated. Reactions went from, "OMG HACKER PLZ give me unlocks here's my parent's CC#!" and "OMG YUR GONNA GET BANNED I FILMED YOU N YOU'LL BE ON YOUTUBE!" to "Guys, it's another idiot with his JTAG... Back out. Let's find another lobby."

The "glory days" are behind us, but I'm fine with it. I'm too busy to be going online every day anyways. I'm just thankful I got to be a part of the scene. I miss some aspects of it, but my major feeling towards it is a happy nostalgia.

I

iPBanned2

Reaction score
Sin$
I think a lot of us miss them days :frown: , nothing beats playing MW2 with UAV mod and pretending to be " Legit " haha the Prime day imo was 2009-2015 . I got my Jtag kinda late ( 2014 ) I miss all the cool people I met online and the spending hours on my Jtag and getting paid the equivalent of a minimum wage job at 15 :roflmao::hilarious: ( Even got a 100 dollar donation one time for hosting free lobbies on this very site ) Like the guy above me said it went from " Omg a modder bro can u add me ! " to " Back out we got a modder "

Stealth at one point was 20$ for ONE DAY now they all are free and the paid ones are like 5$ for a day :banghead:

I hope one day we can get another exploit on one of theses consoles and have fun again .

but yeah RIP xbox modding

Remember all thoses " How to get a mod menu no jtag USB " videos haha good times!:cry::cry:

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I remember feeling special in MW2 because I had a friend that I co-hosted for. Back in the day before you even needed a stealth server lol. Hell, even B02 lobbies were an insaine amount of fun.

But, for me, the fun in modding isn't going online and messing with people. The fun comes from making games my own. All people do is download one of two mod menus for their favorite CoD game and act tough online. For me, I was the guy using GSC studio and writing my own gametypes just to have fun. Some of my favorite lobbies were me and some friends playing my custom version of prophunt in BO2.

Now though, I geel as though modded 360 are mainpy for gsme backups and emulators. The glory days of hosting lobbies are long over.

C

CO2_hunter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i remeber back in the day i was prolly the biggest leach on the planet but in a good way i would say i would play with some big names modders and they would all add me and **** like smileh4x droseum20 zz9 haxorz xbl gavin teh1337 anthony xd rylie 16 all them i couldnt wait to get off of school to go home and play with them i didnt even care to do my homework when i got home but i was a lil late wen i got a rgh tho i brought mine in 2015 i believe but yea i had a blast doing it tho the good ole days lol

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I still remember when the SMC hack was released and I sat there for about 15 hours Jtagging my falcon with an LPT cable. These days everyone and their dog has a Jtag or RGH and no matter where you go someone’s b****ing cause there’s modders everywhere. I still code every now and then but I mainly stick to solo PC for everything.

Top Bottom
Login
Register