Do you think we would be able to mod Halo ODST?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by chris42393, Feb 10, 2009 with 6 replies and 529 views.

1. chris42393

chris42393 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just a quick question, do you think that we will be able to mod halo 3 ODST when it comes out?, just wondering

2. Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:
    its the same engine and everything as halo 3 its basically the same game with new maps.... and expansion pack. so yes, but not campaign unless you can .map mod.

3. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:

Isn't all that Halo ODST is is campaign? So how could it be yes?

I'm going to say no because the campaign saves for Halo ODST will probably be the same as halo 3. Halo 3's campaign save security is very hard to crack, so I'm guessing Bungie won't change it in Halo ODST. It's possible, but no.

4. zadesa

zadesa Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If they store stuff in CON files. which they will im sure. then yes we can, even though we may need to research into it.

5. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yes, the saves will be in a CON file because they have to be in a CON file. Anyways, no, .map modding will be the same exact thing as with Halo 3 maps, because it wouldn't make sense to just remove the security for no reason. Also, if the saves are the same as Halo 3 ones, then it will be really hard too.

6. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:

Yeah that's kind of what I was saying.

7. OP
    chris42393

chris42393 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok, thanks so much guys for your input