What's new

Discussion Do you think we would be able to mod Halo ODST?

• Thread starter chris42393
  • Start date
  • Views 687
C

chris42393

Reaction score
Sin$
just a quick question, do you think that we will be able to mod halo 3 ODST when it comes out?, just wondering

H

Halodu2de

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its the same engine and everything as halo 3 its basically the same game with new maps.... and expansion pack. so yes, but not campaign unless you can .map mod.

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
halodu2de said:
its the same engine and everything as halo 3 its basically the same game with new maps.... and expansion pack. so yes, but not campaign unless you can .map mod.

Isn't all that Halo ODST is is campaign? So how could it be yes?

I'm going to say no because the campaign saves for Halo ODST will probably be the same as halo 3. Halo 3's campaign save security is very hard to crack, so I'm guessing Bungie won't change it in Halo ODST. It's possible, but no.

Z

zadesa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they store stuff in CON files. which they will im sure. then yes we can, even though we may need to research into it.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, the saves will be in a CON file because they have to be in a CON file. Anyways, no, .map modding will be the same exact thing as with Halo 3 maps, because it wouldn't make sense to just remove the security for no reason. Also, if the saves are the same as Halo 3 ones, then it will be really hard too.

N

nickcas

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
unknown v2 said:
Yes, the saves will be in a CON file because they have to be in a CON file. Anyways, no, .map modding will be the same exact thing as with Halo 3 maps, because it wouldn't make sense to just remove the security for no reason. Also, if the saves are the same as Halo 3 ones, then it will be really hard too.

Yeah that's kind of what I was saying.

Top Bottom
Login
Register